Bug?: CommonNavigationTransition Animation Issue in WP8.1 Update RRS feed

• Question

• Since WP8.1 Update 1, there's a weird behavior with the WinRT turnstile (aka CommonNavigationTransition) animation. Everything works as expected when navigating to a page with CommonNavigationTransition as its default transition but in some cases, leaving the page doesn't play the animation. The page simple disappears and the animation for the page we're navigating to plays right away.

An easy repro for this is to create an app with a Hub page and a Basic page. Make the Hub page the main page and allow navigation from the Hub page to the Basic page. When navigating from the Hub page to the Basic page, notice how the Hub page's exit animation plays as well as the entrance animation for the Basic page. Now, from the Basic page, press the Back key to go back to the Hub page. In this case, no exit animation is played for the Basic page and the entrance animation for the Hub page plays fine.

This happens on both the emulator and my physical devices running WP8.1 U1. This does not happen when the same app runs on WP8.1. I have also noticed that the other transitions (Slide and Continuum) does not have this problem. Is this a bug with how Update 1 handles CommonNavigationTransition and if it is, can someone please file this bug?

Duplicate post since I can't get a real response in the other subforum.

Improve your Windows Phone UX: get proper templates, styles, and samples at http://modernography.wordpress.com/

Tuesday, August 26, 2014 6:10 PM

All replies

• Sounds like a bug to me.

Please post all your code here.

Wednesday, August 27, 2014 8:53 AM