none
POP3 adapter error with Exchange 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• I have a Biztalk 2006 R2 app using a POP3 adapter to retrieve and process emails from an Exchange mailbox. Previously we've used Exchange 2007 sp3, but have recently migrated to Exchange 2010 sp2. While the POP3 adapter connects and retrieves the messages, it throws an error on every one:

Uncaught exception (see the 'inner exception' below) has suspended an instance of service 'ImageFlow.Orchestration_1(bdee8819-f6d1-67c8-d542-0dec1e6002b8)'.

The service instance will remain suspended until administratively resumed or terminated.

If resumed the instance will continue from its last persisted state and may re-throw the same unexpected exception.

InstanceId: a499e532-1dcf-4416-9501-9bbb8f7d6340

Shape name: ConstructMessage_1

ShapeId: e108eae6-95ab-4256-b3bb-1b82253f3bb0

Exception thrown from: segment 1, progress 8

Inner exception: '<', hexadecimal value 0x3C, is an invalid attribute character. Line 1, position 61.

Exception type: XmlException

Source: System.Xml

Target Site: Void Throw(System.Exception)

The following is a stack trace that identifies the location where the exception occured

at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)

at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseAttributeValueSlow(Int32 curPos, Char quoteChar, NodeData attr)

at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseAttributes()

at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElement()

at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()

at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()

at System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadDocSequence(XmlDocument parentDoc)

at System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean preserveWhitespace)

at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader)

at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(TextReader txtReader)

at Microsoft.XLANGs.RuntimeTypes.XmlHelpers.XmlDocumentFromStream(Stream s)

at Microsoft.XLANGs.Core.Value.GetXmlDocument()

at Microsoft.XLANGs.Core.Value.RetrieveAs(Type t)

at Microsoft.XLANGs.Core.Part.ProtectedRetrieveAs(Type t)

at Microsoft.XLANGs.Core.Part.RetrieveAs(Type t)

at Microsoft.XLANGs.Core.Part.get_XmlDocument()

at Microsoft.XLANGs.Core.XSDPart.get_TypedValue()

at ImageFlow.Orchestration_1.segment1(StopConditions stopOn)

at Microsoft.XLANGs.Core.SegmentScheduler.RunASegment(Segment s, StopConditions stopCond, Exception& exp)

I did notice that the messages I receive with Exchange 2010 have the following line added in the source:

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8">

This corresponds with the error: Inner exception: '<', hexadecimal value 0x3C, is an invalid attribute character. Line 1, position 61.

We reverted this mailbox back to Exchange 2007 and all worked as expected (and no <meta> tag being added in). I've restarted the Biztalk application, host instances, etc. after switching to Exchange 2010, but it doesn't seem to make any difference.

I'm not convinced it's just the extra meta tag causing the problems (though it could be). Anyone know of compatability issues between 2006R2 POP3 adapter and Exchange 2010? Thanks in advance.

Tuesday, September 11, 2012 1:40 PM

Answers

• BizTalk 2006 R2 use dll (exchange server dll installed with BizTalk) which is used to communicate with exchange server. There might be incompatibility of this dll.

Better you open ticket with microsoft support, they will provide you the correct answer.

Thursday, September 13, 2012 6:00 AM