2 IIS 7.5 Servers with NLB RRS feed

• Question

• User895010797 posted

Dear Sir,

I have no information about IIS over NLB, so please help me with answers for the following non-profissional questions.

I have setup 2 Servers: IIS01 and IIS02 based on Windows 2008 R2 SP1, then I configure 2 NIC on each one and I Install and Configure NLB.

Now I need to deploy IIS on both servers instep to host a web site. so I need to know the following:

1. Do I have to run any steps before installing IIS for this IIS High Avaiblility using NLB?
    2. After Installing the IIS on both Servers, what should I do to make them high avaiable?
    3. How to make configuration on IIS01 to synchronize to IIS02? or Does I have to repeat the configuration manually on each server?
    • (For example: if I enabledwindows authentication, then do I have to do it on both servers? or it will be sync automaticlly?
    • If I create a VIrtual Directory to Site01, and Another Virtual Directory to Site02, then does it going to sync automaticlly to IIS02?
    • WhenI will upload the Website01 and website02 to IIS 01, then does it going to sync automatically to IIS02?)

It will be Highly appreciated your help.

Thanks

Monday, August 1, 2011 1:46 AM

Answers

• User1073881637 posted

Here is an article I wrote that has some NLB section

http://www.iislogs.com/articles/adwebfarm/

See if this helps.

Do I have to run any steps before installing IIS for this IIS High Avaiblility using NLB?

Take a look at the article, this might answer some questions

WhenI will upload the Website01 and website02 to IIS 01, then does it going to sync automatically to IIS02?)
    If you operate them independently, yes you'll have to do this automatically.  You could look at using Webfarm framework, this is an additional module MS wrote to do syncing between nodes.   

If I create a VIrtual Directory to Site01, and Another Virtual Directory to Site02, then does it going to sync automaticlly to IIS02?

Same answer as previous question

How to make configuration on IIS01 to synchronize to IIS02? or Does I have to repeat the configuration manually on each server?

if you treat each box as stand-alone, then you'll hvae to repeat the action on the second node. Or look at using WFF

After Installing the IIS on both Servers, what should I do to make them high avaiable?

You need to go through the NLB, take a look at the article and hopefully this will give you some more ideas. 

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Tuesday, September 28, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, August 2, 2011 4:28 AM

All replies

• User1073881637 posted

Here is an article I wrote that has some NLB section

http://www.iislogs.com/articles/adwebfarm/

See if this helps.

Do I have to run any steps before installing IIS for this IIS High Avaiblility using NLB?

Take a look at the article, this might answer some questions

WhenI will upload the Website01 and website02 to IIS 01, then does it going to sync automatically to IIS02?)
    If you operate them independently, yes you'll have to do this automatically.  You could look at using Webfarm framework, this is an additional module MS wrote to do syncing between nodes.   

If I create a VIrtual Directory to Site01, and Another Virtual Directory to Site02, then does it going to sync automaticlly to IIS02?

Same answer as previous question

How to make configuration on IIS01 to synchronize to IIS02? or Does I have to repeat the configuration manually on each server?

if you treat each box as stand-alone, then you'll hvae to repeat the action on the second node. Or look at using WFF

After Installing the IIS on both Servers, what should I do to make them high avaiable?

You need to go through the NLB, take a look at the article and hopefully this will give you some more ideas. 

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Tuesday, September 28, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, August 2, 2011 4:28 AM
  • User895010797 posted

THank you alot for your reply.

Its very helpful

Tuesday, August 2, 2011 8:08 AM