none
Single sign on option is missing in all VS templates

Question

• Hi! I'm trying to create a MVC/WebAPI project using the templates in VS2015, but suddenly "organizational account" is missing as an authorization option from all templates. Instead I get "Work and School accounts", and no option for SSO. Am I missing something?

Options now:

Options before:

I can still create a templated project with AAD security, but it doesn't come with any login at all. Has the "procedure" changed, or am I missing something in VS?

Re

Dennis

• Edited by sgude1 Wednesday, June 29, 2016 7:29 PM Typo
    Wednesday, June 29, 2016 7:26 PM

Answers

• Hi Dennis,

Which version of Visual Studio that on second screenshot?

According to the first question for Work or School Accounts in following link, the "Work and School accounts" is the same with "Organizational account".

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/subscriptions/dn531048.aspx

Q. What is the difference between “Work or School accounts” (formerly “Organizational accounts”) and “Microsoft accounts”?              
    A Work or School account is an account created by an organization’s administrator to enable a member of the organization to access Microsoft cloud services such as Microsoft Azure, Windows Intune, and Office 365. A Work or School account can take the form of a user’s organizational email address, such as username@orgname.com. To learn about the process of administering Work or School accounts please read the Processes section of this page.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, July 1, 2016 2:35 AM