none
Multiple DataTables within rdlc from very different sources RRS feed

• Question

• <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0cm; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:595.3pt 841.9pt; margin:72.0pt 90.0pt 72.0pt 90.0pt; mso-header-margin:35.4pt; mso-footer-margin:35.4pt; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} -->

Hi All

I am attempting to create a statement letter in RDLC where we have Table1 as the details of a Student and Table2 as the Payments they have made. Table1 is taken from our own db however Table2 is populated from Sage Line 50 V12. I made the letter using a subreport and found that large payment history puts the subreport onto the next page leaving a massive gap.

I understand that this is by design etc but really I need to know how I can make this work form a single rdlc file.

I think (although not implemented yet) the best thing to do is create a DataTable with all the required columns in it and populate it with each source individually and dynamically then send it to the report. Is this a good idea? Seems to be excessive.

Chris

Thursday, November 12, 2009 9:53 PM

Answers

• If anyone was looking for the solution to this. I did the following

Well I decided to create the DataTable myself and loop through the dataset and populate it with the information I needed from the separate data sources. Quite easy in the end!

Chris
    • Marked as answer by Chris Connor Monday, November 16, 2009 10:28 AM
    Monday, November 16, 2009 10:27 AM