none
Using VS2013, create a C# COM-Visible DLL and re-use it in EXCEL RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I was unable to create a C# COM-Visible  DLL and to re-use it in Excel, on another machine.

I tried to add a reference to the DLL in VBA, but got an error message:
    "Can't add a reference to the specified file".

I tried regsrv32  and regasm, without more success.

Could you tell me how to proceed?
    I am using VS2013.

Thanks 

Michel

• Edited by Lalbatros Monday, July 13, 2015 10:33 AM
    Monday, July 13, 2015 10:31 AM

Answers

• Thanks Eugene.

I finally found how to do it.
    I installed the "Microsoft Visual Studio 2013 Installer Projects" and created a setup project.
    It worked immediately.

My aim was to Trace and upgrade a previous COM-visible DLL that I had created in VS 2005, VS 2008, VS 2010.
    The setup project did not pass the conversion to VS 2013, and I thought this was because of new ways of doing.
    The reality is that the "installer projects" need an additional install after the full install of VS 2013.

... (censored, angry about MS wasting my time)

Michel 

Monday, July 13, 2015 11:21 AM

All replies

• Hello Michel,

Did you have a chance to check out the windows registry keys right after using the regsvr32 or regasm utilities? Were the windows registry keys created?

BTW What exactly do you need to implement?

Monday, July 13, 2015 11:01 AM
  • Thanks Eugene.

I finally found how to do it.
    I installed the "Microsoft Visual Studio 2013 Installer Projects" and created a setup project.
    It worked immediately.

My aim was to Trace and upgrade a previous COM-visible DLL that I had created in VS 2005, VS 2008, VS 2010.
    The setup project did not pass the conversion to VS 2013, and I thought this was because of new ways of doing.
    The reality is that the "installer projects" need an additional install after the full install of VS 2013.

... (censored, angry about MS wasting my time)

Michel 

Monday, July 13, 2015 11:21 AM
  • You may find the Deploying an Office Solution section in MSDN helpful.
    Monday, July 13, 2015 11:57 AM