Publish Expression Blend on Silverlight (Han Duong ) - 2/14/2008 3:54 PM PST RRS feed

• Question

• By: Han Duong

Hi, I have question about Expression Blend and Silverlight. Can someone
    please shed me some light.

Blend 2 allows you to create the following project type

1.WPF Application.exe
    2.WPF Control Library
    3.Silverlight 1.0 site
    4.Silverlight Application (.NET “Orcas”)

I need to deploy the project on the website therefore I selected Silverlight
    1.0 site for the project type. However it appears that the Event options in
    the Properties is not available.

The scenario is I like to deliver project that developed in Blend to the
    website via Silverlight, I like to include a textbox, buttons in the project.
    Something similar to this
    http://www.microsoft.com/silverlight/sharethelove/Default.html

Can someone please tell me

•How can my Blend Silverlight project have Asset Library that includes
    button, textbox, checkbox ... similar to the Asset Library when creating WPF
    Application.exe

•Or how to have the WPF Application on the web.

Thank you,

Han Duong

• Moved by Anna Ullrich Saturday, April 12, 2008 10:45 PM wrong forum
    Thursday, February 21, 2008 12:31 AM

Answers

• fantastic news.

Just few hours ago, MIX08 released Expression Blend 2.5 March 2008. It seems
    to answer questions and challenge (creating controls library) that I having.
    When creating Silverlight project, the Assets Library has all controls like
    when you creating the WPF application. Also, it has Events button in the
    Properties tab.

Hmmm it a bit “hash” for the third parties who creating and selling controls.

Han Duong
    Thursday, March 6, 2008 1:38 AM

All replies

• fantastic news.

Just few hours ago, MIX08 released Expression Blend 2.5 March 2008. It seems
    to answer questions and challenge (creating controls library) that I having.
    When creating Silverlight project, the Assets Library has all controls like
    when you creating the WPF application. Also, it has Events button in the
    Properties tab.

Hmmm it a bit “hash” for the third parties who creating and selling controls.

Han Duong
    Thursday, March 6, 2008 1:38 AM
  • I found there are still a lot of constrains in Expression Blend 2.5. For example the MediaElement is available but did not have option for you to select source like when you creating WPF Application.exe

Han Duong Application Developer at livePoint SharePoint Solutions
    Monday, March 10, 2008 4:44 AM
  • Oh the MediaElement actually have a property to select the source. But I have too close and open the application again for the property to display.
    Han Duong Application Developer at livePoint SharePoint Solutions
    Monday, March 10, 2008 4:55 AM
  • Hello - I'm befuddled by all the different applications and which does what.

I am looking to have a web-based database application built and will hire someone else to do the back end.  Ideally I will be able to learn the front end application for creating the input screens, as well as using Reporting Services (I assume) for a multitude of query based reports.

When I was contemplating using the Oracle family, it was clear that I'd use APEX (Application Express) for creating the front end ui.

Which application in the Microsoft family would I use to create the user input screen?

The input is grid based, ideally with a form view of the record being edited.

This is a business app; no graphics.  Just data, data and more data.

Thank you - 
    Marion in NY
    • Proposed as answer by jeffreyobrien Tuesday, June 15, 2010 7:01 AM
    Tuesday, March 9, 2010 3:47 AM
  • If you want to use silverlight as the front end, you would use Expression Blend and possible Visual Studio as well (you can use the free expression edition).

If you want to use a purely web front end, you would use Expression Web combined with Visual Studio.

For more info about silverlight, have a look here: http://silverlight.net/getstarted/

Also, next time, could you start a new question instead of responding to such an old one? It helps with organization.
    Tuesday, March 9, 2010 2:03 PM