OWA App removes extensions when adding attachments RRS feed

• Question

• I'm currently developing a test app for OWA. With the app I want to add attachments to my mail, which is working at the moment. The only problem with it is that the file extension gets removed.

I'm calling the addFileAttachmentAsync function to add the attachments, and because the extension is removed the documents could not be opened in the Office Web Apps. Anyone that has encountered the same problem?

http://estruyf.be/blog

Friday, August 29, 2014 2:32 PM

Answers

• Hi Elio,

When you provide the URI and AttachmentName to the API, do you include the file extension in the AttachmentName? The attachment file type is determined by the extension you provide as part of the AttachmentName.

If you are providing the extension as part of AttachmentName, do you mind sharing the line of code where you attach the file so that I can investigate further?

Thanks,

Adam

• Marked as answer by Elio StruyfMVP Monday, September 1, 2014 7:56 AM
    Friday, August 29, 2014 4:56 PM

All replies

• Hi Elio,

When you provide the URI and AttachmentName to the API, do you include the file extension in the AttachmentName? The attachment file type is determined by the extension you provide as part of the AttachmentName.

If you are providing the extension as part of AttachmentName, do you mind sharing the line of code where you attach the file so that I can investigate further?

Thanks,

Adam

• Marked as answer by Elio StruyfMVP Monday, September 1, 2014 7:56 AM
    Friday, August 29, 2014 4:56 PM
  • Adam,

I followed this article on MSDN: Add and remove attachments to an item in a compose form in Outlook In that article, the extension isn't added to the AttachmentName property, but you're correct, the extension needs to be provided in the AttachmentName.

Thanks,
    Elio

http://www.eliostruyf.com

• Edited by Elio StruyfMVP Monday, September 1, 2014 7:31 AM Wrong click
    Monday, September 1, 2014 7:29 AM