Compile error: Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve LoaderExceptions property for additional info RRS feed

• Question

• I've tried to compile my LightSwitch project with the new VS 2011 beta, where I've received the error message mentioned in the title.

The file where this error occurs is SGEN. I guess it's something internal. I have to admit that I'm a bit lost and don't have any idea how to solve this problem.

I have a side by side installation with VS 2010 and VS 2011.

Any ideas  would be appreciated

Uwe

Thursday, March 8, 2012 7:58 PM

Answers

• Hi Andrew,

I guess I figured it out where the problem comes from.

I have a newly installed pc and I've installed just vs 2011 and vs 2011 beta. So I only have .NET 4 and .NET 4.5 beta on the machine. As SQL Server I've installed 2008 R2

Within the LS Server project we have inserted a web reference (not a service reference) to ReportExecution2005.asmx and ReportService2005.asmx.

As soon as I remove both references the problem is gone and as soon as I insert one of these references again, the problem comes back.

When I'm inserting the references as service references than the problem does not occur. I have to check why we chose to use web references. If it's just an old habit or if there's a special reason behind it.

Uwe

Tuesday, March 20, 2012 9:48 AM

All replies

• An additional info. This error occurs only when I set the configuration to release. When I set the configuration to debug, then the program starts without any problems. I've tried to clean the solution because I thought may be something has to be cleared but this doesn't help.

Uwe

Thursday, March 8, 2012 8:10 PM
  • Hi Uwe,

Is it possible for you to send us your project?  It would be best if you could provide the original, non-updated project so we can start from there.

Andrew Lader, LightSwitch PM

andrew.lader@microsoft.com

Monday, March 19, 2012 4:32 PM
  • Hi Andrew,

the project which causes the problem is a customer project so I have to ask if I could send it to you. Otherwise I would try to reproduce the problem with a new project.

May be it helps to know that we didn't use any third party components within the LS project besides the DotNetZip Library v.1.9.1.8 from CodePlex. On server-side we are using two web references to ReportExecution2005.asmx and ReportService2005.asmx to call the Reporting Services for rendering PDF reports.

Uwe

Monday, March 19, 2012 5:27 PM
  • Hi Andrew,

I guess I figured it out where the problem comes from.

I have a newly installed pc and I've installed just vs 2011 and vs 2011 beta. So I only have .NET 4 and .NET 4.5 beta on the machine. As SQL Server I've installed 2008 R2

Within the LS Server project we have inserted a web reference (not a service reference) to ReportExecution2005.asmx and ReportService2005.asmx.

As soon as I remove both references the problem is gone and as soon as I insert one of these references again, the problem comes back.

When I'm inserting the references as service references than the problem does not occur. I have to check why we chose to use web references. If it's just an old habit or if there's a special reason behind it.

Uwe

Tuesday, March 20, 2012 9:48 AM