none
I cant reach WCF service on IIS using my test client RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a WCF service which I hosted on IIS 7.5 on my web server and I build a simple web application to test my wcf service. I can connect and send request and get response when I run my test client on my localhost IIS express. my endpoint address is webserver address where my wcf is hosted but when I publish my test web app on the same server and try to do tests, I get no request and no response. nothing happens. test application doesnt have anything beside a button and a textbox. no javascript etc. I tried making it as a virtual app and standalone but no chance. what could be the problem?

here is how my webconfig looks like

<system.web>
        <compilation debug="true" strict="false" explicit="true" targetFramework="4.5" />
        <httpRuntime targetFramework="4.5" requestValidationMode="2.0" maxRequestLength ="8192"  />
      </system.web>
      <system.serviceModel>
        <bindings>
          <basicHttpBinding>
            <binding name="serviceBasicHttpBinding" receiveTimeout="00:10:00"
                sendTimeout="00:10:00" maxBufferPoolSize="2147483647" maxReceivedMessageSize="2147483647" />
          </basicHttpBinding>      
        </bindings>
        <client>      
          <endpoint address="http://myservice.com/Service.svc"
              binding="basicHttpBinding" bindingConfiguration="serviceBasicHttpBinding"
              contract="serviceWCF.IService" name="serviceBasicHttpEndpoint" />
        </client>
      </system.serviceModel>

thank you

"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it."

Thursday, November 28, 2013 1:14 PM

Answers

• Hi,

First please try to make sure that you have deployed the test client very well.

Then it seems that this is probably a firewall problem, the port you are using is blocked between the ASP.Net web server and the WCF Server.

You can test this using the telnet command.

Best Regards,
    Amy Peng

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, November 29, 2013 3:37 AM