none
Opening an app programmatically from VBA ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, and this is my last important question... Is there a way to open an app from a VBA method or is the only way to click on the ribbon menu button ?

When one records a macro where one opens an app, nothing gets recorded in the generated subroutine...

It would be really nice if one could open an app programmatically from VBA...

• Edited by ab33 Monday, January 6, 2014 11:02 AM
    Monday, January 6, 2014 10:23 AM

Answers

• Hi,

>> Is there a way to open an app from a VBA method or is the only way to click on the ribbon menu button <<

As far as I know, Office Object Model hasn’t provided such API to open an app for Office. I cannot get anything when I record macro then load an app in Excel 2013.

It is the only way to load apps for Office by clicking on the ribbon at present.

If you have any good advice about apps for Office, please refer the link below to send feedback:

Build apps for Office - Send Feedback

Also, you could access the website below to submit feedback:

Customer Feedback for the Office Developer Platform

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, January 7, 2014 9:33 AM
  • Thanks, I have suggested the request on the link you provided:

http://officespdev.uservoice.com/forums/224641-general/suggestions/5320036-vba-method-for-launching-an-app-programmatically

• Marked as answer by ab33 Tuesday, January 7, 2014 5:27 PM
    Tuesday, January 7, 2014 5:25 PM

All replies

• Hi,

>> Is there a way to open an app from a VBA method or is the only way to click on the ribbon menu button <<

As far as I know, Office Object Model hasn’t provided such API to open an app for Office. I cannot get anything when I record macro then load an app in Excel 2013.

It is the only way to load apps for Office by clicking on the ribbon at present.

If you have any good advice about apps for Office, please refer the link below to send feedback:

Build apps for Office - Send Feedback

Also, you could access the website below to submit feedback:

Customer Feedback for the Office Developer Platform

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, January 7, 2014 9:33 AM
  • Thanks, I have suggested the request on the link you provided:

http://officespdev.uservoice.com/forums/224641-general/suggestions/5320036-vba-method-for-launching-an-app-programmatically

• Marked as answer by ab33 Tuesday, January 7, 2014 5:27 PM
    Tuesday, January 7, 2014 5:25 PM