Send documents to Record Center in SPO using CSOM or JSOM RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I am trying to find a way to make it easy to send documents from different Site Collections to Record Center libraries in our SharePoint online tenancy.

The scenario is that we have created our Records Center Site Collection on our SharePoint online tenant which contians some extra metadata (Site Columns).

Now I want to develope a solution which can takes a document located inside a library in our SPO and send it to our Recored Center Library and assign right metadata to the document inside the Record Center library.

I know that there is possible using PowerShell or Server object model, but we are using SharePoint online and I haven't find a solution for that.

Tuesday, May 3, 2016 11:30 AM

Answers

All replies

• If you want your solution to be available to users in browser, to mark a document as record, collect some additional metadata and move it to record center then you need to use JSOM or REST api's (may be in SharePoint hosted addin to show the form to collection additional data).

If you want your solution to be back-end process like timer job, then you can use PowerShell-CSOM or Console Application with CSOM/REST and use it in a task scheduler to perform the task.

To get started, refer the PnP samples.

---
    Rajesh
    rjesh.com| @rjesh
    You don't need to buy me a beer, if helpful just smile, vote, and mark it as answer.

Tuesday, May 3, 2016 5:46 PM
  • Hi Rajesh,

I couldn't find any CSOM or JSOM from PnP that covers sending document to Record Center.

Wednesday, May 4, 2016 7:33 AM
  • Hi Medes,

In SharePoint Online, we can use REST API to move documents between site collection.

Here are some demos for your reference:

Copy documents between site collection in Office 365

Copy a file across site collections with CSOM and REST

Thanks

Best Regards

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, May 5, 2016 3:07 AM
  • Hi,

If we submit file to Record Center by using JSOM, then user must have appropriate rights in Record Center too, to submit file. Is my understanding correct?

May be if we go with Provider hosted app, then we can elevate privilege. But in SP hosted app, user and app both must have appropriate permissions.

Thanks.

Thursday, July 26, 2018 10:52 AM