none
Adjust speed of hand cursor in kinect region (Microsoft.Kinect.Toolkit.Controls) RRS feed

• Question

• I am using Kinect SDK 1.8, i am using default Kinect control. KinectRegion to display hand cursor of Microsoft.Kinect.Toolkit.Controls. But hand cursor is too fast and sensitive. i wanted it to be make it slow down, so that end user of my Kinect app can control that cursor easily on screen. i tried out with the AccelerometerGetCurrentReading() (Line No. 962) and also tried out with the KinectAdaptor.cs (Line No. 299) handPointer.X, Y, Z, but didn't get any success. can some one help on it.

Pankaj Deharia

Wednesday, June 11, 2014 7:39 AM

All replies

• The movement and speed are relative to the active user it is tracking. Review the Human Interface Guideline doc(linked in the toolkit browser) on the PHIZ. The area in-front of the body is mapped to the screen so small movements are only required.

This is closely related to how the Xbox One UI gesture system works. How does the Kinect Interactions demo work for you in the same setup?

Carmine Sirignano - MSFT

Monday, June 16, 2014 6:38 PM
  • Thanks for replying, Yes gone through the Human interface guide and also tried Kinect interaction demo, but it is work with the same speed of hand cursor, as is it working in my app.
    Is there any work around for this?
    Or any property to control the speed of hand cursor in PHIZ, come in future release.

Pankaj Deharia

Monday, June 23, 2014 7:48 AM
  • Hi did you get any success ? I am having same problem if you can help
    Tuesday, June 2, 2015 2:14 PM