Database Project in VS 2012/TFS 2012 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

How to create a database project in Visual Studio 2012 and publish it to sql server and this needs to be put under source control TFS. How to revert back to old changes for database using TFS change sets?

Please let me know your thoughts on this as i am working on this procedure to deploy database using TFS or Visual Studio 2012.

Thanks,

Rajesh

Rajesh

Wednesday, April 30, 2014 10:59 AM

Answers

• Hi Rajesh,

Thanks for your post.

About how to create a database project in Visual Studio 2012 and publish it to sql server, I'd like to suggest you post this question on VS General forum for better response.

About how to revert back to old changes for database using TFS change sets. As far as I know, Changesets contain the history of each item in version control, which means, you can only get old versions of the codebase from changesets. If you want to revert back to old changes for database, I think you need to re-publish the project.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Cece Dong Monday, May 5, 2014 5:51 AM
    Thursday, May 1, 2014 8:54 AM