none
Blue Prism: System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005) help RRS feed

• Question

• I have no programming knowledge but I just started using Blue Prism for work. I'm trying to download a template from the Blue Prism portal using global send keys ("^s"). Everything runs smoothly in my business object but when I take it to the process level, I get the following error:

“Internal : Failed to perform step 1 in Navigate Stage 'Activate Page' on page 'Save Template' - Exception during remote setforegroundwindow - System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): The system cannot find the file specified   at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithCreateProcess(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)   at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()   at BluePrism.ApplicationManager.clsLocalTargetApp.ForceForeground(IntPtr hwnd)”

Does anyone know what this means or how I can fix it?

Thursday, February 9, 2017 1:55 PM

All replies

• System cannot find the file specified during a Process.Start means that the path to the exe it's trying to start is wrong.

I'm not sure which exe it's trying to load, but the applications involved may not be configured/installed correctly.

It could be a typo, or it could be a missing exe altogether.  Or maybe files got moved post-installation.

(I don't know what Blue Prism is.)

Can you attach a debugger and find out what process it's trying to create?  (What path it's trying to use)

If you need an external tool to do this, you can use ProcessMonitor (SysInternals) and it will tell you which path it tried to access when looking for the exe, and then you can verify whether or not that exe exists at that path.

• Proposed as answer by cheong00Editor Friday, August 18, 2017 2:29 AM
    Thursday, February 9, 2017 3:41 PM
  • Hello @Katcher1

The Error code you have mentioned is 0x80004005 while installing Blue Prism

This problem may occur if a file that the Windows Product Activation (WPA) requires is damaged or missing. This behavior occurs if one or both of the following conditions are true: 

A third-party backup utility or an antivirus program interferes with the installation of Windows XP.
    A file that WPA requires is manually modified.

Hope this helps you out, refer more error codes docs here tekslate.com

Thanks.

Monday, August 14, 2017 4:10 AM