Change Default Page when user is logged RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Is there any way to change default page when user is logged in system ? So I would like to redirect user after hi entered correct windows credentials to another page that default Sharepoint page, because I would like to do some logic in this moment. Please help how to change default page in Sharepoint ?

Thursday, September 29, 2011 1:40 PM

Answers

• Hi,

The following script can be used:

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">

window.location.href="YourURLHere";

</script>

You can get the content editor webpart in default group. Just edit the page and click on add new webpart then under default group you will find that. Once added edit it and paste the script given above after replacing your URL into it.

I hope this will help you out.

Thanks, Rahul Rashu
    Friday, September 30, 2011 2:37 AM

All replies

• Hi,

As per my understanding your requirement is to redirect user from default page to another page once he logs in.

You can do it by adding a redirection script in content editor webpart in default page of your site.

Thanks, Rahul Rashu
    Thursday, September 29, 2011 7:22 PM
  • Could you show me where can I find this editor webpart in default page and how should this script looks ? Thanx!
    Thursday, September 29, 2011 7:41 PM
  • Hi,

The following script can be used:

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">

window.location.href="YourURLHere";

</script>

You can get the content editor webpart in default group. Just edit the page and click on add new webpart then under default group you will find that. Once added edit it and paste the script given above after replacing your URL into it.

Thanks, Rahul Rashu
    Friday, September 30, 2011 2:37 AM