none
Controlling Brightness,Hue, or Gain on the KinectSDK v2.0 Public Preview version (ColorCameraSettings class has 3 useful read only members) RRS feed

• Question

• Hello currently I have the Kinect SDK v2.0 Public Preview version installed, and I have written code for a mini GUI that has color, infrared, and depth view of an object. On the color view, the object appears much too bright in a shrouded environment so I need to control the parameters. I have looked up the classes ColorCameraSettings which I originally thought would let me have control of the brightness or exposure. Instead I only get ExposureTime, Gain, Gamma, and FrameInterval. The catch is that they are all READ ONLY.  Obviously I can't change the ColorCameraSettings class, so is there any other way to change brightness for the Kinect SDK v2.0 Public Preview version?  Help would be much appreciated!

PS. Also for this SDK there is no ColorStream class so can't access CameraSettings from there.

• Edited by kchrome12 Tuesday, August 26, 2014 2:22 PM
    Tuesday, August 26, 2014 2:16 PM

All replies

• This is a common feature request we get and the team is aware of the ask. The SDK does not provide for camera specific adjustment due to the new shared model of the runtime. Since multiple applications can access the sensor, one application changing a parameter would effect all applications and readers. This design gives more flexibility to developer to enable multiple readers that may want to have one reader get the color frame and apply their own color filter, where another reader is "un-touched"

You will have to make adjustments on the color frame based on the data given.

Carmine Sirignano - MSFT

Tuesday, August 26, 2014 5:34 PM