none
Set Kinect for Windows v2 color framerate RRS feed

• Question

• I create an application based on ColorBasics-WPF and FaceBasics-WPF examples in order to crop user face and show this stream in a different viewbox. I want to know if it's possible to set the framerate of the face stream in order to make further investigation for my purposes. In fact, I need a stable fps (approssimatively between 10-15 fps), but my application while runs at 30 fps sometimes drops to 18/20 fps for few seconds, and this behaviour is not acceptable for me. I try DispatcherTimer to set an interval between frames to obtain a stable framerate, but it doesn't help me. Has anyone another solution?

Thanks in advance!

Monday, November 3, 2014 4:16 PM

All replies

• Color frame rate are fixed at 30fps, or 15fps in low light. If you are dropping to 18/20, when typically getting 30fps, this is going to be an issue with how you are processing frames. If you are doing any processing on the callback for color or face, this is going to affect how quickly you are releasing the frame back. Kinect is aggressive with ensuring clients of the data adhere to this.

You should follow the pattern of copying the data from the frame and processing that on another thread.

Carmine Sirignano - MSFT

Monday, November 3, 2014 8:00 PM