Index out of range error during LoadWorkflowInstanceState RRS feed

• Question

•  

I'm using the SQL Server persistance, and when I call the base.LoadWorkflowInstanceState, I get an "Index was out of range" error. I'm not entirely certain why, this is from a workflow that was working fine and I recently changed one of the Activities it was using to use an Object that has a few properties (instead of a bunch of native types, i.e. I refactored the activity to have a single property with child properties instead of many top-level properties). Why would this cause an Index out of Range error?

-shnar

Tuesday, August 14, 2007 8:31 PM

Answers

• Hi shnar,

It looks like you are loading a persisted workflow (activity type a) into new activity type (modified acivity type b). Have you by any chance persisted the workflow, changed the activity type without versioning/changing the type and reloaded the old persisted workflow? If I misunderstood, could you clarify. Also the complete stack trace of the exception might help.

Thanks,

Ranjesh

Tuesday, August 14, 2007 8:54 PM

All replies

• Hi shnar,

It looks like you are loading a persisted workflow (activity type a) into new activity type (modified acivity type b). Have you by any chance persisted the workflow, changed the activity type without versioning/changing the type and reloaded the old persisted workflow? If I misunderstood, could you clarify. Also the complete stack trace of the exception might help.

Thanks,

Ranjesh

Tuesday, August 14, 2007 8:54 PM
  • That was it. I have a bunch of persisted workflows and I was creating a new workflow. The error never happened until after I created the new workflow though, so I assumed it was related to this new workflow, not that it was tryign to unpersist existing flows.

Thanks Smile

-shnar

Tuesday, August 14, 2007 9:35 PM