none
(VS 2008 and Framework 3.5) the environment.version displaying 2.0 RRS feed

• Question

• I have migrated a solution from Vs 2005 to Vs 2008 and now (in Vs 2008) the "environment.version" displaying 2.0.X.X. i want to display 3.5.X.X.

Wednesday, August 26, 2009 12:20 PM

Answers

• Hi Muqeed,

Thank you for your post.

Environment.Version is to get a Version object that describes the major, minor, build, and revision numbers of the common language runtime (CLR).
    For more information, see: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.environment.version.aspx

The common language runtime is the foundation of the .NET Framework. .NET Framework 3.5 uses CLR version 2.0 and so does .NET Framework 2.0 or 3.0, while .NET framework 1.1 uses v1.1.

Thus, even you convert your .NET Framework 2.0 application to .NET Framework 3.5, the Environment.Version is still 2.0.X.X.

Hope this helps. If you have any concern, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,
    Yichun Chen
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Marked as answer by YiChun Chen Wednesday, September 2, 2009 3:08 AM
    Friday, August 28, 2009 9:00 AM

All replies

• Here my target framework is 3.5
    Thursday, August 27, 2009 3:14 AM
  • Hi Muqeed,

Thank you for your post.

Environment.Version is to get a Version object that describes the major, minor, build, and revision numbers of the common language runtime (CLR).
    For more information, see: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.environment.version.aspx

The common language runtime is the foundation of the .NET Framework. .NET Framework 3.5 uses CLR version 2.0 and so does .NET Framework 2.0 or 3.0, while .NET framework 1.1 uses v1.1.

Thus, even you convert your .NET Framework 2.0 application to .NET Framework 3.5, the Environment.Version is still 2.0.X.X.

Hope this helps. If you have any concern, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,
    Yichun Chen
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Marked as answer by YiChun Chen Wednesday, September 2, 2009 3:08 AM
    Friday, August 28, 2009 9:00 AM