Standard Windows Design Elements RRS feed

  • Question

  • I've been designing web apps for years, but now I've been tasked with designing a desktop development tool for the company I work for. I'm looking for Photoshop, or Expression Design versions of the standard windows elements. Kind of like the iphone GUI PSD that is so popular. I've looked for hours, but can't find anything.

    I'd rather not recreate all of these standard elements if I don't have to, anybody know where I can find this stuff? The IDE will use a lot of the same design elements as visual studio.

    Thanks for the help.

    Tuesday, May 18, 2010 2:30 PM

All replies

  • Good question.  I just use Expression Blend (cause it has all the elements) and then use whichever art program I need for anything else and import it into Blend. I can then easily prototype actual functionality from there. If you use sketchflow you an also take advantage of those features (like export to word). I'll also just run the program and take screen shots if need be. Unfortunately I dont know of a control set for any art program.
    Tuesday, May 18, 2010 2:39 PM
  • Are you trying to make comps or the actual production project?


    Blend comes with a feature called SketchFlow which is meant for prototyping functionality. It has features to enable stakeholder review and gathering feedback.


    Let us know what you are trying to do and we might be able to offer suggestions.

    Tuesday, May 18, 2010 5:04 PM