none
Entity Framework and ASP.NET Membership API RRS feed

• Question

• Hey,

I'm using ASP.NET 4.0 with the Entity Framework.  I've decided to use the Membership API, and have used the aspnet_regsql.exe to create default tables in SQL.  

How should the Membership API and tables be integrated with the rest of my tables in the Entity Framework?  Specifically, how should aspnet_Users be integrated with all of the other entities that reference UserId?  Any links or info regarding the ASP.NET Membership API used in tandem with the Entity Framework would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt

Monday, August 22, 2011 7:53 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Matt,

Welcome!

I think you can refer this link: Ado.Net Entity Framework Membership Provider

Have a nice day.

Alan Chen[MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by OceanMorning Wednesday, August 31, 2011 9:07 PM
    Tuesday, August 23, 2011 8:39 AM
  • Hi, 

I am writing to check the status of the issue on your side.  Would you mind letting us know the result of the suggestions?

If you need further assistance, please feel free to let me know.   I will be more than happy to be of assistance.

Have a nice day.

Alan Chen[MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Friday, August 26, 2011 3:24 AM
  • Thanks Alan, this was really helpful.  I don't think I need further assistance, but if you're interested, I'll tell you my findings.

I reviewed the source for the CodePlex project you provided, and I'm hesitant to use it for my production code for the following reasons:

- It's not an official Microsoft release

- It appears to still be in beta (version .9)

- I reviewed the source code and the code base looks pretty extensive (i.e. lots of areas that could have bugs).  I even noticed a few developer comments (//) that noted "bug fix", etc. 

In summary, I'd be putting a lot of faith in code that's not "official" written by someone I'm not familiar with.  That's not to say the developer couldn't be the best there is and the code flawless, but I feel that I would have to do a lot of my own testing to feel comfortable putting code like this in production.  I really hope Microsoft comes out with an official release of this.  If you have any information about that possibility, that would be very helpful, but not necessary.

Cheers,

Matt

• Edited by OceanMorning Wednesday, August 31, 2011 9:13 PM minor edit
    Wednesday, August 31, 2011 9:12 PM