Urgent - Unable to RDP using Azure DC Domain Credentials into Azure VM uploaded from on-premise RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am Unable to RDP using Domain Credentials into Azure VM uploaded from on-premise. I have followed all steps as given in documentation.

I had this VM joined to a domain in on-premise. I disjointed it from domain, adding to a work-group, and then uploading VHD to azure, creating the VM there. Am able to RDP using local admin credentials, but not using the Azure DC domain credentials.

Azure already has a DC VM setup which is working fine. Other VM's created in Azure are able to join the domain and I am able to RDP using domain credentials into them.

I followed all steps prescribed to the book, but still unable to resolve.

Please help on the same at earliest possible as it is very urgent. Thanks in advance.

Regards, NO

Thursday, June 12, 2014 10:28 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Please post the detail error message when you cannot RDP using Domain Credentials?

The domain user has the right permission to log in the virtual machine?

Regards.

Vivian Wang

Tuesday, June 24, 2014 2:15 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Did you create a new domain in Azure?

Did you try to add this VM to azure domain and check the result?

Regards.

Vivian Wang

Friday, June 13, 2014 2:01 AM
  • Thanks Vivian for the response.

The DC was setup from earlier in Azure. VM already is able to get added to DC in Azure.

Please help.

Regards, NO

Friday, June 13, 2014 2:40 AM
  • Hi,

Please post the detail error message when you cannot RDP using Domain Credentials?

The domain user has the right permission to log in the virtual machine?

Regards.

Vivian Wang

Tuesday, June 24, 2014 2:15 AM
  • Hi,

Any updates on the above issue? 

I am going to mark Vivian_wang post as answer. Incase you feel it did not help you,please feel free to reopen the thread.

Regards,

Shirisha Paderu.

Tuesday, August 26, 2014 12:33 PM