none
bizspark software missing RRS feed

• Question

• Windows XP Volume License Edition and Windows 7 Enterprise are unavailable in my BizSpark account. I am a startup and I really need these operating systems for the clients. Also, I have noticed that some other software is also unavailable which was available a few months ago. Why they have been disabled? I strongly protest over the issue and request Microsoft to make them available as soon as possible, especially the volume license windows xp and windows 7.
    Thursday, April 1, 2010 8:54 PM

All replies

• 1) Windows XP VL was never available for BizSpark members.

2) Clients? These are for your developmental and testing purposes only. Not for Clients.

You get 2 copies of most OSes. Costs less than a single copy of the OS. There shouldn't be any complaint when they gave back the OSes that they took away.

Thursday, April 1, 2010 10:25 PM
  • OK, forget about XP, what happened to Windows 7 Enterprise? I was under the impression that it was available recently.
    Friday, April 2, 2010 3:28 PM
  • Windows 7 Enterprise is the equivalent of the retail version of Ultimate.

The difference: VL versus Retail.

Enterprise is made for Volume License Keys, which as stated above, is not available for BizSpark Members:

You may read more here.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itprogeneral/thread/bbf8edc6-6380-4f84-af7d-9244b8f103e3

Friday, April 2, 2010 9:24 PM
  • Alex, if you take a look at the BizSpark Guide, it says all the software included in the MSDN subscription titled 'VS Ultimate with MSDN', which includes Win7 enterprise, is available for BizSpark, convenient eh? Then why win7 enterprise is snatched away from BizSpark members?
    You cant live in fear
    Thursday, February 3, 2011 1:15 PM
  • When other SKU's were restored, why win7 enterprise wasn't? Can't we atleast have a response from anybody from Microsoft?

You cant live in fear
    Thursday, February 3, 2011 1:19 PM
  • Everyone, I heard back from the BizSpark team.  The message they gave to pass back was:

The MSDN Ultimate through BizSpark is tailored for Startups.  In order to maintain the free software offer we provide through BizSpark, we had to trim out the Enterprise licensing within MSDN Ultimate.  We hope this hasn’t inconvenienced you.  Please connect with BizSpark@microsoft.com for any additional questions.

They also said they'd heard from quite a few of you and were happy to respond to all questions, so please keep it up.

Thanks,
    Mike

MSDN and TechNet Subscriptions Support
    Wednesday, February 9, 2011 6:54 PM