none
Error During Send Events - Schema cannot be found for the object of type 'Microsoft.EventProcessing.RuntimeTypes.Record2 RRS feed

• Question

• I am attempting to run a Stream Analytics job but am receiving an error when data starts flowing through the input.  I can run and test the query using the portal and that works fine.  I have tested the input and outputs and that is successful.  When I deploy and data is running through, I am receiving the following error:

"properties": "{\"Error\":\"- Schema cannot be found for the object of type 'Microsoft.EventProcessing.RuntimeTypes.Record2'.\\u000d\\u000a\",\"Message\":\"Output adapter has encountered an error after processing [0] batches.\",\"Type\":\"OutputAdapterError\",\"Correlation ID\":\"XXXX\"}"

I am using an EventHub as my Input and a Data Lake Store as my output for my given Stream Analytics job.

Thursday, September 20, 2018 8:03 PM

Answers

• Ok, I figured it out.  I started going line by line in my query until I found what broke. 

loc and data can both be nested objects. In my query, I was referencing them by the parent object name, not the children elements.  For some reason, this works in the dashboard for testing but when it is deployed and running, it fails.  

I've updated my query to explicitly reference the children elements and now it is working fine. 

For anyone else that runs into this, I changed my query from this:

SELECT loc as location FROM [input]

To this:

SELECT loc.lat as locationLat FROM [input]

• Marked as answer by DV AZ Friday, September 21, 2018 1:45 PM
    Friday, September 21, 2018 1:45 PM

All replies

• Can you please let us know sample input data and your query to investigate what is the issue?:
    Thursday, September 20, 2018 9:39 PM
  • Attached is the data but I've gone through and anonymized it. 

[
    {
    "vId": "123",
    "items": [
    {
    "vId": "123",
    "dId": 222,
    "ts": "2018-09-20T18:03:23.1076950Z",
    "loc": null,
    "type": "type",
    "subType": "SubType",
    "data": "data"
    }
    ],
    "continuationToken": "111",
    "EventProcessedUtcTime": "2018-09-20T18:03:23.1076950Z",
    "PartitionId": 1,
    "EventEnqueuedUtcTime": "2018-09-19T18:56:27.8270000Z"
    }
    ]

I initially had a more complex query but I've changed it to something simple and am still getting the samer error.  Here is the current query

SELECT *
    INTO
    [data-lake-store]
    FROM [ingest-event-feed]

Thursday, September 20, 2018 9:49 PM
  • Hi,

I tried and I was able to get the output in my data lake store with the test input data. Please take a look at my output below, I was not able to repro the error.

Can you please try to expand the query like below to handle nested objects and see if it works:

SELECT e.vId, flat.ArrayValue.vId as vId1, flat.ArrayValue.dId as dId, flat.ArrayValue.ts

as ts, e.continuationToken, e.EventProcessedUtcTime, e.PartitionId,

e.EventEnqueuedUtcTime

INTO adlsg1output
    FROM blobinput as e
    CROSS APPLY GetElements(e.items) AS flat

Thursday, September 20, 2018 11:48 PM
  • Thank you for the response.

I tried your suggestion and am still ending up with the same result.  Before I started this job, I also tested this query, the input and outputs, and they all returned successfully.

Here is the message I am receiving:

"submissionTimestamp": "2018-09-21T03:09:30.0958384Z",
    "subscriptionId": "XXXX",
    "properties": {
    "Message Time": "2018-09-21 03:08:29Z",
    "Error": "- Schema cannot be found for the object of type 'Microsoft.EventProcessing.RuntimeTypes.Record2'.\r\n",
    "Message": "Output is currently experiencing transient errors. Retrying...",
    "Type": "OutputProcessorTransientError",
    "Correlation ID": "XXXX"
    },

Friday, September 21, 2018 3:20 AM
  • Ok, I figured it out.  I started going line by line in my query until I found what broke. 

loc and data can both be nested objects. In my query, I was referencing them by the parent object name, not the children elements.  For some reason, this works in the dashboard for testing but when it is deployed and running, it fails.  

I've updated my query to explicitly reference the children elements and now it is working fine. 

For anyone else that runs into this, I changed my query from this:

SELECT loc as location FROM [input]

To this:

SELECT loc.lat as locationLat FROM [input]

• Marked as answer by DV AZ Friday, September 21, 2018 1:45 PM
    Friday, September 21, 2018 1:45 PM
  • Perfect! Thanks for the update. Appreciate it!!!
    Friday, September 21, 2018 5:13 PM