[wp8.1]How long Uploading my App takes? RRS feed

Answers

• Typically, after completing the submission and submitting it for certification, it takes around 24-48 hours for simple apps to be updated in the Windows Store.  More complex apps could take a few hours longer in the certification process.

If the app does not exist in the Windows Store, but you've built the packages etc., it can vary, but if you already have the descriptions ready (and screenshots/promotional images), it shouldn't take too long.  (Keep in mind you need a description for every language you support!).  I'd say for a single-language app with the descriptions ready, it takes around an hour or two to get the forms filled out.  After you get the submission ready and submitted, it takes about the same 24-48 hours mentioned above.

If you're asking how long it would take to port an app to the Windows Store, that's all subjective of course -- it depends on what language the original app was written in, how complex the app is, and how well you know whatever language you write the app in (most likely C#).  I can't really give an estimate for this, it could be 10-20 hours for a simple app, or it could even be months for a very complex app.

• Marked as answer by rmurali.mcp Thursday, October 15, 2015 3:03 PM
    Thursday, October 15, 2015 5:39 AM
  • If it's already in the store, all you will have to do is upload the new packages, make any changes needed to the descriptions, then resubmit for certification.  After you resubmit, the update will generally be available 24-48 hours after you resubmit it.
    • Marked as answer by rmurali.mcp Friday, October 16, 2015 5:13 AM
    Thursday, October 15, 2015 7:47 PM

All replies

• Typically, after completing the submission and submitting it for certification, it takes around 24-48 hours for simple apps to be updated in the Windows Store.  More complex apps could take a few hours longer in the certification process.

If the app does not exist in the Windows Store, but you've built the packages etc., it can vary, but if you already have the descriptions ready (and screenshots/promotional images), it shouldn't take too long.  (Keep in mind you need a description for every language you support!).  I'd say for a single-language app with the descriptions ready, it takes around an hour or two to get the forms filled out.  After you get the submission ready and submitted, it takes about the same 24-48 hours mentioned above.

If you're asking how long it would take to port an app to the Windows Store, that's all subjective of course -- it depends on what language the original app was written in, how complex the app is, and how well you know whatever language you write the app in (most likely C#).  I can't really give an estimate for this, it could be 10-20 hours for a simple app, or it could even be months for a very complex app.

• Marked as answer by rmurali.mcp Thursday, October 15, 2015 3:03 PM
    Thursday, October 15, 2015 5:39 AM
  • Thanks.

My app is already uploaded in store (not by me).

Now i have updated my app.

My app was written in c#.

Whether i have to submit it for for certification?

How much time will it takes for updating?

Thursday, October 15, 2015 3:09 PM
  • If it's already in the store, all you will have to do is upload the new packages, make any changes needed to the descriptions, then resubmit for certification.  After you resubmit, the update will generally be available 24-48 hours after you resubmit it.
    • Marked as answer by rmurali.mcp Friday, October 16, 2015 5:13 AM
    Thursday, October 15, 2015 7:47 PM
  • Thanks a lot Kesac
    Friday, October 16, 2015 5:13 AM