Unfortunately, app.android has stopped RRS feed

• Question

• User366355 posted

To begin, I have checked and the "Use Shared Runtime" option is not selected. I have the solution in release mode before archiving. I have also checked the "Internet" permissions text-box, although after installing on my phone, the prompt to allow permissions never shows; which may be normal. I understand that the Adp/ logcat can help to troubleshoot a possible uncaught exception. I have search for hours trying to find the solution to my problem. I am new to Xamarin and this is my first project for a phone App.

Relevant information for my App: * App is using the Sockets namespace and creates a TCP connection with a Listener. * App creates more than one thread. * App is stable debugging with live player on my phone but I get the following error each time I attempt to run the app.

{Unfortunately, app.android has stopped}

I think that the Adp could really help by what I have read, although instructions I have found for using it are convoluted. Any links to a good reference or instructional video would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Again

Friday, March 16, 2018 12:51 AM

Answers

• User112 posted

It's Tools/Android/Device Log... It's also in the Android ribbon group. You can see the log by opening Device Log and selecting your phone from the device drop down.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, June 3, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, March 21, 2018 8:03 PM

All replies

• User112 posted

There is a device log option (in both Visual Studio and Visual Studio for Mac, or Android Studio). It will tell you what the exact problem is.

Wednesday, March 21, 2018 3:07 PM
  • User366355 posted

Hi MihaMarkic,

Thanks for your response, is there a particular name stored in the ribbon for this option?  I would like to check for it now but don't have access to VS at the moment.  Also, after compiling and installing on my phone, how would I retrieve the log to view it.

Thanks again,

Wednesday, March 21, 2018 3:54 PM
  • User112 posted

It's Tools/Android/Device Log... It's also in the Android ribbon group. You can see the log by opening Device Log and selecting your phone from the device drop down.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, June 3, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, March 21, 2018 8:03 PM