none
How can I sign Windows 10 drivers with EV certificate RRS feed

• Question

• I have completed all the tests with my usb device in Hardware Lab Kit and now can prepare the .hlkx driver package to submit on the Microsoft website.

The problem is EV certificate is required for Windows 10 driver. EV certificate is provided with Safenet USB token and this USB token is located far away from computer with Hardware Lab Kit installed (developers are located in one country and Safenet USB token is located in other country), so I can't sign .hlkx package in Hardware Lab Kit automatically while creating this package.

The question is how can I get my Windows 10 usb drivers signed? I have the unsigned driver (sys, cat, inf ... files) and I have unsigned .hlkx driver package from Hardware Lab Kit. Can I sign my Windows 10 driver without submitting to the Microsoft website (for example, with signtool or anything else)?

Wednesday, March 2, 2016 10:09 AM

All replies

• You must have the USB token connected (and Safenet Authentication Client installed) to a (local) computer and use that computer to take remote connection to the HLK computer. Remote HLK computer must also have SafeNet Authentication Client installed. Redirect the local USB token for the remote HLK computer to use (http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/how-can-i-use-my-devices-and-resources-in-a-remote-desktop-session). This worked for us.

Wednesday, March 30, 2016 11:57 AM
  • I confirm.

I have key with EV certificate connected to my workstation and I use Remote Desktop client to connect to servers with HCK/HLK controllers (I have Studios installed on the same servers where HCK/HLK controllers are installed and I run WHQL tests remotely).

In Remote Desktop client on "Local Resources" tab in "Local devices and resources" section - "More..." button, I have marked "Smart cards" option and this is enough to redirect key with EV certificate and to sign HCK/HLK logs.  

• Proposed as answer by Steve Leo Friday, April 8, 2016 1:02 PM
    Tuesday, April 5, 2016 3:29 PM