Scope of variables RRS feed

• Question

• I have a pipeline with a variable `foo` and i got the error 

```The output of variable 'foo' can't be referenced since it is not a variable of the current pipeline.```

when i try to use it in activity in a Until Activity.
    Thursday, January 17, 2019 2:48 PM

Answers

• Thanks, it was fixed. I try today and not error.
    • Marked as answer by jyeros Monday, January 28, 2019 10:48 PM
    Monday, January 28, 2019 10:47 PM

All replies

• I'm having this same issue. Is there any way around this? 
    Thursday, January 17, 2019 4:03 PM
  • Hey, I found a solution to my problem, maybe this will help you. I never got that error to go away, but referencing variables in the Until Activity still seems to work. The reason my actually pipeline was failing was because within a Set Variable activity I was referencing the variable I was setting, which apparently cannot happen. I just made a separate "reference" variable and it all worked fine. The "<variable> can't be referenced since it is not a variable of the current pipeline" message still exists, but I am able to publish & run the pipeline now.
    Thursday, January 17, 2019 5:59 PM
  • @jyeros

Could you check the above suggestions and see if it helps to resolve your issue?

Wednesday, January 23, 2019 7:14 AM
  •  @AshokPeddakotla-MSFT 

I try the solution of @hammondan and it work like he said, the error never gone, but the pipeline can run. But i need run a Until Activity witch contain a Set activity setting the variable referenced on the stop condition of the Until Activity. Could you fix the scope of variable error, it never gone and the possibility of set a the variable of the loop inside it. Thanks

Wednesday, January 23, 2019 4:43 PM
  • @jyeros

This would require further investigation to find out the root cause. I suggest you contact technical support for deeper analysis of the issue. Refer How to create an Azure support request.

Friday, January 25, 2019 2:58 PM
  • Thanks, it was fixed. I try today and not error.
    • Marked as answer by jyeros Monday, January 28, 2019 10:48 PM
    Monday, January 28, 2019 10:47 PM
  • Glad to hear that your issue is resolved.
    Tuesday, January 29, 2019 3:49 AM