Alert Messages - Change Body of Email - Change Alert Template Message RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All,

I want to see if it is possible to change the "Alerts" message email body that is delivered when an item changes in a Sharepoint Online List. We are received the "old" Alerts message, which contains the "old" column data. We have changed our List Form and columns. Now we are getting the "old" Alerts contents. I want to change the body of information in the email to reflect the new forms / columns for our List.

Any ideas?

This is Sharepoint Online 2013

thank you,

don

Don at TryandFindIt

Thursday, March 24, 2016 2:02 PM

Answers

• Hi Linda,

Okay, when I changed the columns (add, edit, remove) the form did change.

the "Alerts" set on the Sharepoint Online List reflect the "old" columns and fields.

So, what I found out through talking to Microsoft, is there is no way to change the Alerts email message body.

So, I am creating a WorkFlow with Sharepoint Designer and create a new Form with InfoPath that will generate my own email body. I have instructed my users not to use the "Alerts" option so they won't get all that old looking data.

Not what I wanted to do, but it will work for my users.

don

Don at TryandFindIt

Wednesday, March 30, 2016 2:06 AM

All replies

• Hi don,

I tried to reproduce your issue in SharePoint online, but it failed.

Whether I deleted/created a column or customized the form using InfoPath, the form/columns in the email were updated with new data and columns.

Could you please provide more detail about the forms and columns of the list?

Please set an alert on another list and compare the results for narrowing down this issue.

And it would be better if you can provide the screenshot of the alert email and list for further research.

Best regards,

Linda Zhang

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, March 25, 2016 2:58 AM
  • Hi don,

Is there any update?

Have you solved the issue?

Best regards,

Linda Zhang

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 29, 2016 11:59 AM
  • Hi Linda,

Okay, when I changed the columns (add, edit, remove) the form did change.

the "Alerts" set on the Sharepoint Online List reflect the "old" columns and fields.

So, what I found out through talking to Microsoft, is there is no way to change the Alerts email message body.

So, I am creating a WorkFlow with Sharepoint Designer and create a new Form with InfoPath that will generate my own email body. I have instructed my users not to use the "Alerts" option so they won't get all that old looking data.

Not what I wanted to do, but it will work for my users.

don

Don at TryandFindIt

Wednesday, March 30, 2016 2:06 AM