Why am I unable to reserve a name for my app? RRS feed

• Question

• I've already reserved two app names - one of which I deleted, so only have one active.

Twice, though, I've tried to reserve another app name, and gotten, "We can't reserve a name at this time. Please try again later." And there's a "Learn more" link below that. It doesn't seem to tell me anything pertinent, though.

The name I'm trying to reserve is nothing "strange" and yet it is probably unique...Why am I getting this response?

Wednesday, December 5, 2012 5:56 AM

Answers

• Most of the time when you receive this message this is a browser related issue. If you clear your browser cache and use Internet Explorer 10 you should be able to reserve any app names as long as they are available.

-Eric

• Marked as answer by John-P Tuesday, February 5, 2013 1:41 AM
    Saturday, December 15, 2012 2:31 AM

All replies

• I'm getting it too. I previously got this error in Google Chrome, but now it occurs in IE as well. I can't submit any apps.
    Thursday, December 6, 2012 8:16 AM
  • I too receive this message more often than not. Using Metro IE.
    Sunday, December 9, 2012 5:12 AM
  • I cant seem to give my app a name so I can submit to the store it says "Unable to reserve app name, try again later" so I did many times. Sort this madness out now. I submitted the same app to the android store today with no problems at all. Why does it have to be a pain.
    Sunday, December 9, 2012 7:51 PM
  • Can you attempt logging off the Windows Store dashboard and then logging back on?

Thank you,

Arik Cohen

Principal Program Manager

Windows Store

Monday, December 10, 2012 6:08 PM
  • Most of the time when you receive this message this is a browser related issue. If you clear your browser cache and use Internet Explorer 10 you should be able to reserve any app names as long as they are available.

-Eric

• Marked as answer by John-P Tuesday, February 5, 2013 1:41 AM
    Saturday, December 15, 2012 2:31 AM

-Eric

I finally got it to work; third time's a charm, so they say.
    Saturday, December 15, 2012 2:56 AM
  • This error is a browser cache issue. Please clear your browser cache or try using another browser.

-Eric

Friday, December 21, 2012 2:07 AM