none
Moving Cell Values Between Worksheets RRS feed

• Question

• How can I PROGRAMMATICALLY (VBA)  take the value of one specific cell from one worksheet and move it to another worksheet in the same workbook but have it going down an entire column?
    • Edited by AlSharp13 Friday, March 22, 2013 6:45 PM
    Friday, March 22, 2013 4:10 PM

All replies

• Select that cell, press Ctrl-C, go to the other worksheet, select the cell of the "entire column" (whatever you mean by that - but don't select an entire column!) and right-click and select "Paste Special" select Values and click OK.
    Friday, March 22, 2013 6:35 PM
  • I meant how do you do it using VBA code, not manually.
    Friday, March 22, 2013 6:46 PM
  • Sorry.  To copy the value from sheet1 cell A4 and paste it into column D of sheet2 starting in cell D2 and matching the entries in column C, for example:

Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("A4").Copy

With Worksheets("Sheet2")
    .Range("D2:D" & .Cells(.Rows.Count, "C").End(xlUp).Row).PasteSpecial xlPasteValues
    End With

Friday, March 22, 2013 7:18 PM
  • Hi all ,

I have uploaded one excel file with detail mentioned in it ... Please check and help me with this 

LINK:

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=5342992F9F3B452B!112&authkey=!AOmOLLVIuWDWV8M

Question:

These Question are also mentioned in the attached file where I need help ... Thank You in advance

1)  I want to copy some rows like Row "B", "D" and "G" to Sheet2 with the same format( like color code and font)

2)  I want tht whenever the data get copied from sheet1, "SI Number" should automatically appear till the end of the data "Serial wise

3)  I want code which will help me copy rows like "B", " D" and "E" to a new workbook in the same format and save to file with a name called "VCC and today's date" to a particular location. this new wook book also create a pivottable as per the data appears

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=5342992F9F3B452B!112&authkey=!AOmOLLVIuWDWV8M

please check 
    Friday, March 22, 2013 8:59 PM