Text Resize Issue RRS feed

• Question

• Problem:

div - faqright over laps div - faqleft when the text is upsized a bunch.

Info:

www.beartraining.ca/faq.shtml
    Text Resize works everywhere except for here so there is something missing that I can't put my finger on.

Cheers, Ben

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 5:16 PM

Answers

• Well, you will never see that issue if you zoom the entire page in any browser; that's just like moving closer--nothing changes in relation to anything else in the site.

I couldn't see a problem in IE, but I guess it doesn't zoom text as large as FF12 (which isn't on this machine). There are simply limits to how much a website's design can accommodate these kinds of zooms. Anyone needing that much zoom (although I haven't seen it yet), probably needs some assistive device that would make zoom moot (oooh, almost a palindrome).

Titanic, the movie, as CSS:

@mixin iceberg {
         float: none;
    }

#titanic {
         @include iceberg;
    }

• Marked as answer by ViralStepUp Wednesday, May 23, 2012 5:57 PM
    Wednesday, May 23, 2012 5:51 PM

All replies

• I've resized the text to 'largest' in IE and don't get the overlap. Which browser are you seeing this in?

Given the nature of the subject you might want to consider making this site mobile friendly.

Ian Haynes

EW - V4 Add-Ins
    EW - Resources, hints and tips
    EW - Design for the Mobile Web
    expression(web.blog)

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 5:35 PM
  • Ian Haynes,

I used FF12 which let's me resize it quite big.  It may not be so likely that someone needs text that big but if it's possibe to fix I would like to do so.

Thank you for the suggestion.

Cheers, Ben

• Edited by ViralStepUp Wednesday, May 23, 2012 5:43 PM
    Wednesday, May 23, 2012 5:43 PM
  • Your table is what is keeping its size. Using FireFox set to only resize text is where I see the issue. Using FF or Opera set to resize the entire page, I don't (at least in a quickie looksee).

Mike

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 5:44 PM
  • Well, you will never see that issue if you zoom the entire page in any browser; that's just like moving closer--nothing changes in relation to anything else in the site.

I couldn't see a problem in IE, but I guess it doesn't zoom text as large as FF12 (which isn't on this machine). There are simply limits to how much a website's design can accommodate these kinds of zooms. Anyone needing that much zoom (although I haven't seen it yet), probably needs some assistive device that would make zoom moot (oooh, almost a palindrome).

Titanic, the movie, as CSS:

@mixin iceberg {
         float: none;
    }

#titanic {
         @include iceberg;
    }

• Marked as answer by ViralStepUp Wednesday, May 23, 2012 5:57 PM
    Wednesday, May 23, 2012 5:51 PM
  • Bill Pearson,

Thank you for your reply.

It isn't a big issue as it is an excessively large text required to overlap the table.

I think I will forget about this little thing and move on. ^^

Cheers, Ben

• Edited by ViralStepUp Wednesday, May 23, 2012 5:57 PM
    Wednesday, May 23, 2012 5:57 PM