I need one help about this error message... RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone.

I'm a new member and I need one help.

I made one program by Visual Basic .Net

it run normally from Debug folder and it was very good.

but next day while I trying to open it from Debug folder ,I got this message

---------------------------
    Notepad.exe - Application Error
    The application failed to initialize properly (0xc000007b). Click on OK to terminate the application.
    OK  

and I opened it from the VB.NET and it was very good again,but next day ,the same problem.
    I don't know where is the problem?!!

I hope that anyone can help me.

Saturday, March 8, 2008 6:59 PM

Answers

• Hi Nabil Ismail El-Esawy,

Based on your post, this error is computer-specific. It sounds like that .net framework isn't installed properly in your computer. Using Vbc.exe to compile a simple code snippet to see whether you can run this execute file now. Save the following code snippet to a vb file and use vbc.exe to compile it to a console application. Then run it.

Public Class test
        public shared Sub main()
            console.writeline("test")
            console.read()
        End Sub
    End Class

Best regards,
    Riquel
    Thursday, March 13, 2008 5:39 AM

All replies

•  

Please help me if you can.

I hope that I see any reply.

Sunday, March 9, 2008 11:24 AM
  • Hi Nabil,

Error 0xC000007B is STATUS_INVALID_IMAGE_FORMAT shows your executable (or one of the generated libraries) is getting corrupted or
    missing dependency during generation. I recommend that you take the following steps to see what happens.

1. If you have installed an antivirus, try disabling it temporarily and rebuilding from scratch and see if it helps.
    2. When you compile it in release instead of debug, does this error occur?
    3. If you compile and run your project in other machine, does this error occur?

Best regards,
    Riquel
    Wednesday, March 12, 2008 9:26 AM
  •  Riquel Dong – MSFT wrote:
    Hi Nabil,

Error 0xC000007B is STATUS_INVALID_IMAGE_FORMAT shows your executable (or one of the generated libraries) is getting corrupted or
    missing dependency during generation. I recommend that you take the following steps to see what happens.

1. If you have installed an antivirus, try disabling it temporarily and rebuilding from scratch and see if it helps.
    2. When you compile it in release instead of debug, does this error occur?
    3. If you compile and run your project in other machine, does this error occur?

Best regards,
    Riquel

Hi

first I want to thank u very much because ur reply.

second I don't know why don't anyone answer me or reply anything, I am sorry for my question's title ,If I write the error message's text in the title it will be too long title.

third and end , this is my answers about your opinion:-

1.I don't have any anti-virus program (No hackers here!!!).

2.yes it does.

3.no it runs normally.

I hope that i see any reply.

Wednesday, March 12, 2008 9:07 PM
  • Hi Nabil Ismail El-Esawy,

Based on your post, this error is computer-specific. It sounds like that .net framework isn't installed properly in your computer. Using Vbc.exe to compile a simple code snippet to see whether you can run this execute file now. Save the following code snippet to a vb file and use vbc.exe to compile it to a console application. Then run it.

Public Class test
        public shared Sub main()
            console.writeline("test")
            console.read()
        End Sub
    End Class

Best regards,
    Riquel
    Thursday, March 13, 2008 5:39 AM