Azure Vm public static Ip address cost increased? RRS feed

• Question

• Guys,

I have created a azure vm one year ago. I always monitor azure vm cost on daily bases. since some days i dont know why the azure vm IP cost increased. 

Please guys tell me how i monitoring and logging IP cost and how could i know the reason of cost increasing?

Thursday, May 28, 2020 7:16 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Im using just one VM with one public static ip.

From may 10th, I see daily billing for the public static ip in my subscription.

Nothing had changed in my subscription - no modifications and no consent was given to new billing terms.

I've raised the support request ID 120053024000959 but yet to receive an explanation or support.

Saturday, May 30, 2020 6:23 PM
  • You can review the pricing for IP addresses here:

https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/details/ip-addresses/

Costs can vary by length of month (e.g. 28-31 days) as IPs are charged by hour.

What charges and changes in costs are you seeing?

Btw Microsoft can update the pricing for any services without your consent. ;-)

Sunday, May 31, 2020 7:14 AM
  • Public IP had been included (in fact 2 public ips if judged from the hours) in the 1Y trial azure subscription.

"1,500 hours of public IP addresses for use with B1S Virtual Machines listed above 12 months"

From 9th of may, without any notice whats so ever, these terms had been changed.

Now the 2 addresses are need to be dynamic in order to qualify for the subscription.

from https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/free/free-account-faq/

"1,500 hours of ***dynamic*** public IP addresses for use with B1S Virtual Machines listed above 12 months"

This is of course unacceptable.

What is more unacceptable is the response I got while asking what happened - why all of a sudden I started to be billed for something I had been using within the scope of the 12m trial / free account.

Official response from support engineers via ticked ID 120053024000959 is to cancel my subscription and go away. 

Hardly acceptable and in line with the overall trend in this industry to treat customers as cows.

Thursday, June 4, 2020 11:03 AM
  • Original response to the ticket:

> Based on my understanding of your issue you were charge for free services and you requested a refund.
    I recommend you to cancel this subscription in case you want to avoid future charges.

Me seeking clarification:

Please clarify if you recommend i cancel my subscription and usage of Azure to avoid these charges? In any case - the month to date amount will be billed ? I would like you to inform me if these charges are an error on your part or a result of amendment of the terms of my subscription without my prior consent.

Answer to that request:

please cancel this "Pay as You Go Subscription" (ref number) in order to avoid future charges
    Let me know if you wish to cancel this subscription to help with the cancellation.

Thursday, June 4, 2020 11:08 AM