PS 2010 - Integrate SSRS Reports in Project Server 2010 (PWA) RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Folks,

I have designed reports on SSRS 2008, now i want to integrate my reports in Project Server. Presently I am unable to integrate. Also, I installed my SQL Server in "Native Mode with Default Configuration".

Please anyone help me out and guide me how to integrate?

Many thanks

Best Regards

Mohsin Raza
    Thursday, July 21, 2011 1:31 PM

Answers

• Hi Moshin Raza,

You have several options to integrate reporting services reports in PWA.

Option 1: install SSRS in SharePoint integrated mode

When installed in SharePoint integrated mode, you can integrate the reports in various ways into PWA.

• You could enable SSRS integration in PWA and upload your reports into the Business Intelligence Center. You can simply open the reports by clicking on them.
    • If you want one of the reports to really appear inside one of the PWA pages, you could add the Reporting Services Report web-part to one of the PWA pages to display the report.

Option 2: you installed SSRS in native mode (as you did)

You cannot fully integrate Reporting Services into PWA, but you can mae it available from within PWA:

• You could add a link to the Report Server in the Quick Launch bar
    • You could create a new SharePoint site, add a Page Viewer web part containing the Report Server page. You could add this new site to the Quick Launch
    • You could add a direct link to one of the reports into the Quick Launch
    • You could add a Page Viewer web part containing one of the reports to one of the PWA pages.

I hope this helps,
    Hans

My EPM blog: Projectopolis
    Thursday, July 21, 2011 1:46 PM