none
Microsoft.sqlserver.batchparcer.client.dll cannot read: Error while installing SQL server 2014

Question

• I am trying to install SQL server 2014 and getting errors that it cannot read Microsoft. Sqlserver.BatchParcerClient.dll cannot be accessed .

I have latest version of .Net , and have found the above file in assembly folder but still I can't install SQL server

Please help!

Saturday, December 17, 2016 9:43 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Try to download and install the SharedManagementObjects.msi from below URL:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=53164

Try to install SQL Server 2014 again. If you receive errors during installation again try to download the media again, unzip the ISO file into a local folder (like C:\SQLMedia) and try to install from there.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Alberto Morillo
    SQLCoffee.com

Sunday, December 18, 2016 12:04 AM
  • Hi ToobaF,

And if the issue persists, could you please upload SQL Server installation log(especially the files starts with Details, Summary and sql_batchparser) to OneDrive and share the link here so we can have a better understanding about the issue?

If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Regards,
    Lin

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 19, 2016 9:05 AM