none
Migrating to WCF SQL Adapter - mapping required for every environment, table is the same? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
     Do I have to generate the metadata, mappings for every environment -  Dev, Test and Prod? 

I thought I could simply change the URI: mssql://Server1//DevelopmentDb to something like mssql://Server2//TesttDb and change the Schema_Owner_Name as the table name and structure is the same in the SOAP Action:

<BtsActionMapping xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
      <Operation Name="Insert" Action="TableOp/Insert/Schema_Owner_Name/Table_ABC" />
    </BtsActionMapping>

But it does not work. Is there another way?

Tuesday, August 4, 2009 5:27 PM

Answers

• I think there are other details generated as part of the schema you may need to change - look in the source of the generated schemas to see if there is any other generated information keyed off the server name or database names, etc.

Thanks,

If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline
    Wednesday, August 5, 2009 12:58 AM
  • The schemas genrated are independent of the server name and database name .

It should work with the same schemas across Dev,Test and Prod as long as the columns in the corresponding table(in DB) are identical.

What is the error you are getting ?

Wednesday, August 5, 2009 7:00 AM

All replies

• I think there are other details generated as part of the schema you may need to change - look in the source of the generated schemas to see if there is any other generated information keyed off the server name or database names, etc.

Thanks,

If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline
    Wednesday, August 5, 2009 12:58 AM
  • The schemas genrated are independent of the server name and database name .

It should work with the same schemas across Dev,Test and Prod as long as the columns in the corresponding table(in DB) are identical.

What is the error you are getting ?

Wednesday, August 5, 2009 7:00 AM