none
some questions about VS2015 with MSDN subscription RRS feed

• Question

• I have some questions about VS2015 Enterprise with MSDN subscription.

1). what is MSDN subscription? whether it is a account just like tha outlook account? or others? please explain it detailed.

2). how to use MSDN subscription to log in other products just as Azure or VS or Office365? pleae give me a detailed steps.

3). what is The MSDN subscriptions looks like? I am very doubt.

Wednesday, October 5, 2016 2:56 PM

Answers

• Since you are asking for it here it is in my own simple words:

1). what is MSDN subscription? whether it is a account just like tha outlook account? or others? please explain it detailed.

Ans: MSDN stands for "Microsoft Developer Network" where you can access the Latest Microsoft Products for testing in a Virtual Environment or Software development company. MSDN subscription can be obtained from the following channels: Microsoft Partner Network, Retail, Volume Licensing, BizSpark and DreamSpark. Once you purchase the MSDN subscription from any of the above channels you will receive the following details: First name, Last name, E-mail ID and the Subscriber ID. You have activate it with the above details in order to access the MSDN subscription portal. 

Please note: The above process will change as Microsoft have announced with the New Visual Studio Subscription portal which will replace the legacy MSDN portal. I have posted the new Visual Subscription Portal screenshot which explains all the benefits comes along with MSDN subscription.

MSDN Subscription provides a unique access to the following features and benefits:

MSDN subscription comes with the following benefits and benefits:

1. Microsoft Azure Subscription value of $150 / $100 respectively.
    2. Microsoft Office 365 Enterprise E3 Developer (MSDN) subscription which will be automatically renewed every year. And the following benefits check the below screenshot

Please let me know if you are good with the above answer so that I can proceed with your next question.

Thanks
    prathaprabhu

Don't Say Can't Say Can to Not

• Marked as answer by GoyourGod Friday, October 7, 2016 1:10 PM
    Thursday, October 6, 2016 2:51 PM
  • >>First name, Last name, E-mail ID and the Subscriber ID. You have activate it with the above details in order to access the MSDN subscription portal.

What’s the difference between E-mail ID and Subscribe ID. Whether I could use E-mail ID to log in my VS or Azure? If possible, please share me a screenshot, thank you very much.

Subscriber ID: what is Subscribe ID, whether I could use it log in Azure or Office 365 or VS?

E-mail ID = Microsoft Account which is registered with MSDN subscription.
    Subscriber ID = It is a unique 12 digits Alpha Numeric code generated by MSDN team and the subscription details will be mailed to you and you can activate it.

Please Note: With the New MSDN Subscription portal the above method don't work. In order to access the new Visual Studio Subscription portal (my.visualstudio.com) you need to sign in to with your Microsoft Account which is associated with your MSDN subscription.

Yes, you can use your E-Mail ID (Microsoft Account) to access your Visual Studio Subscription and you have to activate Azure benefit in order to access it.

Here is the screenshot of the MSDN subscription activation page.

Please let me know if you have any further clarifications.

Thanks

prathaprabhu

• Edited by prathaprabhu Friday, October 7, 2016 5:59 PM
    • Marked as answer by GoyourGod Wednesday, October 19, 2016 2:01 PM
    Friday, October 7, 2016 5:54 PM

All replies

• I have some questions about VS2015 Enterprise with MSDN subscription.

2). how to use MSDN subscription to log in other products just as Azure or VS or Office365? pleae give me a detailed steps.

3). what is The MSDN subscriptions looks like? I am very doubt.

Here is the answers for your queries:

1. https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-in/subscriptions/cc150618.aspx
    2. https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/govdev/2010/08/25/what-is-an-msdn-subscription-really/

If you need any other clarification please reply here.

Thanks,
    prathaprabhu

Wednesday, October 5, 2016 3:44 PM
  • these reply do not work for me, I just to know my question, I do not want to look these offical document.
    Thursday, October 6, 2016 12:27 PM
  • I hope some one could explain it simply. I will mark that I could read clearly. Above two link is too long for me. I hope some one could explain my questions one by one.
    I will mark some replies that work for me.
    • Edited by GoyourGod Thursday, October 6, 2016 12:30 PM
    Thursday, October 6, 2016 12:29 PM
  • Since you are asking for it here it is in my own simple words:

Ans: MSDN stands for "Microsoft Developer Network" where you can access the Latest Microsoft Products for testing in a Virtual Environment or Software development company. MSDN subscription can be obtained from the following channels: Microsoft Partner Network, Retail, Volume Licensing, BizSpark and DreamSpark. Once you purchase the MSDN subscription from any of the above channels you will receive the following details: First name, Last name, E-mail ID and the Subscriber ID. You have activate it with the above details in order to access the MSDN subscription portal. 

Please note: The above process will change as Microsoft have announced with the New Visual Studio Subscription portal which will replace the legacy MSDN portal. I have posted the new Visual Subscription Portal screenshot which explains all the benefits comes along with MSDN subscription.

MSDN Subscription provides a unique access to the following features and benefits:

MSDN subscription comes with the following benefits and benefits:

1. Microsoft Azure Subscription value of $150 / $100 respectively.
    2. Microsoft Office 365 Enterprise E3 Developer (MSDN) subscription which will be automatically renewed every year. And the following benefits check the below screenshot

Please let me know if you are good with the above answer so that I can proceed with your next question.

Thanks
    prathaprabhu

• Marked as answer by GoyourGod Friday, October 7, 2016 1:10 PM
    Thursday, October 6, 2016 2:51 PM
  • >>First name, Last name, E-mail ID and the Subscriber ID. You have activate it with the above details in order to access the MSDN subscription portal.

What’s the difference between E-mail ID and Subscribe ID. Whether I could use E-mail ID to log in my VS or Azure? If possible, please share me a screenshot, thank you very much.

Subscriber ID: what is Subscribe ID, whether I could use it log in Azure or Office 365 or VS?

Friday, October 7, 2016 1:18 PM

E-mail ID = Microsoft Account which is registered with MSDN subscription.
    Subscriber ID = It is a unique 12 digits Alpha Numeric code generated by MSDN team and the subscription details will be mailed to you and you can activate it.

Please Note: With the New MSDN Subscription portal the above method don't work. In order to access the new Visual Studio Subscription portal (my.visualstudio.com) you need to sign in to with your Microsoft Account which is associated with your MSDN subscription.

Yes, you can use your E-Mail ID (Microsoft Account) to access your Visual Studio Subscription and you have to activate Azure benefit in order to access it.

Here is the screenshot of the MSDN subscription activation page.

Please let me know if you have any further clarifications.

Thanks

prathaprabhu

• Edited by prathaprabhu Friday, October 7, 2016 5:59 PM
    • Marked as answer by GoyourGod Wednesday, October 19, 2016 2:01 PM
    Friday, October 7, 2016 5:54 PM