How do I send a build of a Windows Store App to someone for testing?

Question

• Is there a guide that details how to send a build of a windows store app to someone for testing?

In the iOS world these are called ad-hoc builds and I've used tools like TestFlight to send builds to testers. 

How do I do the equivalent with Windows Store apps? I've been searching online and have gathered that the receiver needs to have a developer license to run the app, but I can't find exact steps to "zip up the package" and send the app to someone.

Thanks

Monday, September 24, 2012 10:34 PM

Answers

• Is there a guide that details how to send a build of a windows store app to someone for testing?

In the iOS world these are called ad-hoc builds and I've used tools like TestFlight to send builds to testers. 

How do I do the equivalent with Windows Store apps? I've been searching online and have gathered that the receiver needs to have a developer license to run the app, but I can't find exact steps to "zip up the package" and send the app to someone.

Thanks

Guess I missed the sticky at the top of this forum.. Go figure.

For others, this is the page that provides the info:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/hh975356(v=vs.110).aspx

Monday, September 24, 2012 11:07 PM