none
Referencing issues. RRS feed

• Question

• Can someone please help me with some referencing issues i am having?
    As I am getting a few "Unresolved external symbol" errors.

The lib and inc folders have been added to the linking
    the #include "MSR_NuiApi.h" file is in the header file.
    and the header file is included in the needed files.

Error    1    error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__MSR_NuiSetDeviceStatusCallback referenced in function _wWinMain@16  
    C:\Users\User\documents\visual studio 2010\Projects\KinectPrototype\KinectPrototype\KinectPrototype.obj    KinectPrototype

Error    2    error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__MSR_NuiCreateInstanceByName referenced in function "public: long __thiscall cViewerApp::Ui_Init(wchar_t *)" (?Ui_Init@cViewerApp@@QAEJPA_W@Z)    C:\Users\User\documents\visual studio 2010\Projects\KinectPrototype\KinectPrototype\UiImp.obj    KinectPrototype

Error    3    error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__MSR_NuiCreateInstanceByIndex referenced in function "public: long __thiscall cViewerApp::Ui_Init(int)" (?Ui_Init@cViewerApp@@QAEJH@Z)    C:\Users\User\documents\visual studio 2010\Projects\KinectPrototype\KinectPrototype\UiImp.obj    KinectPrototype

Wednesday, February 8, 2012 3:00 PM

All replies

• Can you move to the newly released version (1.0) of the Kinect SDK?  It appears that you're using a Beta.

-Adam Smith [MS]

Wednesday, February 8, 2012 4:03 PM
  • I am.  Would you recommend using v(1.0) instead?
    I have been trying for a long time to get the c++ example to compile as a (new) project through visual studio. But I seem to be just going round in circles.
    (I'm sure youve gathered I am pretty new to C++ and visual studio)
    Wednesday, February 8, 2012 4:10 PM
  • Yes, if possible, moving to 1.0 will help eliminate any number of issues.

Hopefully the C++ samples will provide you a good blueprint.  In this case, it looks like your project is missing the link lib for the native kinect dll.

-Adam Smith [MS]

Wednesday, February 8, 2012 6:54 PM
  • Ok thank you. I will let you know how I get on :)
    Wednesday, February 8, 2012 6:57 PM