none
Getting Error in Using Azure Management Libraries to create a VM RRS feed

• Question

• I have tried to create VM Using Azure Management Libraries.  Used the following c# code:

var creds = new AzureCredentialsFactory().FromServicePrincipal(clientId, clientSecret, tenantId, AzureEnvironment.AzureGlobalCloud);
                var azure = Azure.Authenticate(creds).WithSubscription(subscriptionId);
                IVirtualMachine windowsVM = azure.VirtualMachines.Define("MyVirtualAPI")
                .WithRegion(Region.USEast)
                .WithExistingResourceGroup("Test")
                .WithNewPrimaryNetwork("10.0.0.0/28")
                .WithPrimaryPrivateIPAddressDynamic()
                .WithNewPrimaryPublicIPAddress("MyIPAddressLabel")
                .WithPopularWindowsImage(KnownWindowsVirtualMachineImage.WindowsServer2012R2Datacenter)
                .WithAdminUsername("Admin")
                .WithAdminPassword("WindowsServer2012")
                .WithSize(VirtualMachineSizeTypes.StandardB1ms)
                .Create();

I have provided Correct credentials for AzureCredentialsFactory and also tried role-based access control. Provided Azure Resource Graph to my resource group (Test) in Access control (IAM).

Error Log I am getting:

Microsoft.Rest.Azure.CloudException
      HResult=0x80131500
      Message=The client '**' with object id '**' does not have authorization to perform action 'Microsoft.Network/virtualNetworks/write' over scope '/subscriptions/**/resourceGroups/Test/providers/Microsoft.Network/virtualNetworks/vnetfae964378591' or the scope is invalid. If access was recently granted, please refresh your credentials.
      Source=Microsoft.Azure.Management.Network.Fluent
      StackTrace:...
    Thanks in Advance

• Edited by Mohit Kumawat Monday, September 9, 2019 11:50 AM Description Update
    Monday, September 9, 2019 11:41 AM

All replies

• From the error message, it looks like your Service Principle has no permissions to perform a write on the Microsoft.Network/virtualNetworks. So ensure that you have the permissions required. Or the other option is an invalid scope, so that means that potentially you are using an invalid subscription id for the given tenant.

Monday, September 9, 2019 12:15 PM
  • From the error message, it looks like your Service Principle has no permissions to perform a write on the Microsoft.Network/virtualNetworks. So ensure that you have the permissions required. Or the other option is an invalid scope, so that means that potentially you are using an invalid subscription id for the given tenant.

I am able to create VM via UI, so I have the permission to create VM. I have created a free account on azure so I also have the admin rights. I have double checked the subscription ID but still it's not working.
    • Edited by Mohit Kumawat Tuesday, September 10, 2019 4:56 AM Correction
    Tuesday, September 10, 2019 4:55 AM
  • To continue troubleshooting this issue, your best bet is to create a support request. If you do not have a support plan, please let me know!
    Tuesday, September 17, 2019 12:00 AM