none
How to commit data in SAP using Biztalk Server 2006(not R2) RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi..

I have task where i have to commit data to SAP to get transaction number in response..basically i am sending employee claim data to SAP..SAP writes this data to tables and in response of that it generates a 10 digit number which i need in reponse RFC xml...

If anyone can suggest me what steps i should take in orchestration to do this..do i need to add BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT and ROLLBACK schemas...how should be the flow of orchestration..

Pls reply i need to give this solution today...

Thanks

Sandeep 

Thursday, May 29, 2008 6:20 AM

Answers

All replies

•  

The BAPI_Transaction_commit and rollback schemas are not mandatory.  BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT is used when you make changes to the SAP database by calling a BAPI from outside SAP and want to commit the database. In your scenario, i dont see any changes done through a BAPI; Hence it may not be required.

Thursday, May 29, 2008 9:38 AM
  •  

Hi Ajay..

Thanks for your reply..

Then how should i commit the data to SAP RFC (Z_BC_FI_PARK_DOCUMENT),..so that in response xml RFC returns 10 digit voucher number...i build a solution where i am sending a request xml to SAP and receiving response xml..and the data is accepted by SAP and voucher number is also generating (which i can confirm in SAP GUI) but its not showing in response xml..the field is blank..so i am thinking could be the voucher number is generating when the response xml is already returned..so would it be the case that i need to commit the data..or what solution i can go for..

Pls Suggest..

Thanks

Sandeep 

Thursday, May 29, 2008 12:46 PM
  • Is the voucher number field available in the response schema? If not, is it possible to add into the response schema the voucher number field?.

One problem might be that the schema what you have generated for the response is unaware of the voucher number; hence it does not getting added in the response xml.

Monday, June 2, 2008 10:33 AM
  • Based on my understanding from Mustansir, this issue is resolved. Can you please confirm?

Wednesday, June 11, 2008 10:40 AM