visual basic error message RRS feed

• Question

• im using visual basic professional 2013

i get this error message and the project wont start .

Message 1 The designer cannot process the code at line 42:

Me.PrintForm1 = New Microsoft.VisualBasic.PowerPacks.Printing.PrintForm(Me.components)

The code within the method 'InitializeComponent' is generated by the designer and should not be manually modified. Please remove any changes and try opening the designer again.

Thursday, May 15, 2014 2:32 PM

Answers

• Hi,
    >> Me.PrintForm1 = New Microsoft.VisualBasic.PowerPacks.Printing.PrintForm(Me.components)
    What’s the version of Visual Studio IDE?

Based on my understanding, the PrintForm is a control which was included in Microsoft Visual Basic Power Packs 3.0.
    Did you drag the PrintForm component onto the form in the Toolbox, under the Visual Basic PowerPacks tab?
    Actually, I failed reproduce your issue in my machine (Windows 8.1 + Visual Studio 2013)。

>> The code within the method 'InitializeComponent' is generated by the designer and should not be manually modified. Please remove any changes and try opening the designer again.

Did you change code in 'InitializeComponent' method? If you did, I suggest you removing any changes in 'InitializeComponent' method, and do something in Form1 class like below:

Public Class Form1

'Do something..

End Class

You can also try to create a blank project and drag PrintForm onto the design surface to check whether the issue is solved.

Regards,
    Marvin

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Marvin_Guo Thursday, May 22, 2014 2:40 AM
    Friday, May 16, 2014 3:34 AM