ASP error BC30451 page still works fine just can't debug anymore RRS feed

• Question

• User560969759 posted

Using Web Developer 2010 as this is just a intranet page and not really doing much with it so there was no point in putting a full blown version of VS on the server.

This was working fine till about 2 hours ago.  Now when I try and run the page I get the following error for all the controls on the page:

C:\inetpub\wwwroot\index.aspx.vb(55,0): error BC30451: 'lblVacationAvailable' is not declared. It may be inaccessible due to its protection level.

I've recreated the page about 8 times, still nothing.  Even took the time to delete all the code on the aspx.vb page and re-write it using the intillesense to be sure it thinks the control is there and still getting the error.  Remembering very quickly why I hate web programming.

Tuesday, March 26, 2013 12:44 PM

Answers

• User-166373564 posted

Hi,

temlehdrol

I've recreated the page about 8 times, still nothing.  Even took the time to delete all the code on the aspx.vb page and re-write it

I think you could have a try write a simple codes in your VWD 2010 first, and check whether there is something wrong with your VWD 2010;

temlehdrol

C:\inetpub\wwwroot\index.aspx.vb(55,0): error BC30451: 'lblVacationAvailable' is not declared. It may be inaccessible due to its protection level.

Many factors can lead to this error, I can hardly troubleshoot according to the error message that you mentioned above,  you could learn relevant methods below to troubleshoot, please check whether this is helpful to you,

* is not declared. It may be inaccessible due to its protection

hope it helps you,

With regards

</div> </div> </div>

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, April 3, 2013 4:37 AM

All replies

• User560969759 posted

Update:
    I added an brand new label to the page just to see what would happen and that too is throwing the same error.

Tuesday, March 26, 2013 12:55 PM
  • User-166373564 posted

Hi,

temlehdrol

I've recreated the page about 8 times, still nothing.  Even took the time to delete all the code on the aspx.vb page and re-write it

I think you could have a try write a simple codes in your VWD 2010 first, and check whether there is something wrong with your VWD 2010;

temlehdrol

Many factors can lead to this error, I can hardly troubleshoot according to the error message that you mentioned above,  you could learn relevant methods below to troubleshoot, please check whether this is helpful to you,

* is not declared. It may be inaccessible due to its protection

hope it helps you,

With regards

</div> </div> </div>

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, April 3, 2013 4:37 AM