Camera App to capture in panoramic view RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Is there already any App which can take photos in Panoramic view. I believe HTC Titan or HTC Radar has got this capability to take pics in panoramic view. Similarly, do we have any Apps in the Marketplace so that it can be downloaded to other mobiles, or else is there anyway we can implement it with our own code.

Regards,

Raghu

Monday, September 19, 2011 3:11 PM

Answers

• If by panorama, you mean stitching together multiple photos, then you will probably need to implement this yourself. Microsoft has a photo stitching app for the iPhone, but not one for Windows Mobile that I'm aware of. Ironic.

You can use the ICaptureGraphBuilder2 interface to get images from the camera. Then, use your own custom algorithm to stitch them together. This will not be a trivial exercise.

The Windows Mobile SDK has a sample that demonstrates retrieving images from the camera.

-PaulH

• Edited by PaulH79 Monday, September 19, 2011 9:53 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Jesse Jiang Monday, September 26, 2011 7:50 AM
    • Marked as answer by Jesse Jiang Tuesday, October 4, 2011 3:15 AM
    Monday, September 19, 2011 9:52 PM

All replies

• If by panorama, you mean stitching together multiple photos, then you will probably need to implement this yourself. Microsoft has a photo stitching app for the iPhone, but not one for Windows Mobile that I'm aware of. Ironic.

You can use the ICaptureGraphBuilder2 interface to get images from the camera. Then, use your own custom algorithm to stitch them together. This will not be a trivial exercise.

The Windows Mobile SDK has a sample that demonstrates retrieving images from the camera.

-PaulH

• Edited by PaulH79 Monday, September 19, 2011 9:53 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Jesse Jiang Monday, September 26, 2011 7:50 AM
    • Marked as answer by Jesse Jiang Tuesday, October 4, 2011 3:15 AM
    Monday, September 19, 2011 9:52 PM
  • Yes, I've read about app for iPhone by MS, thought they would deliver it to WP users but sadly, they did not. Also, I have read about ICaptureGraphBuilder i'face. Thanks for pointing though.

I was checking of something is already available out of the box.

Cheers.

Tuesday, September 20, 2011 2:01 PM
  • Hello,

Did you solve your problem?

If so please share the solution with us and mark the right answers.

If not please let me know and I will tray to help you find further solutions.

Have a nice day!

Jesse

Jesse Jiang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, September 26, 2011 7:50 AM