Default Image Rendition or resize image automatically RRS feed

• Question

• We use the column Rollup Image and have the blob cache enabled to use image rendition.

Is it possible to use this publishing image column with a default rendition (not full size) so the user has not to choose the rendition (or cannot choose it)?

Or what would be the best practise to get automatically resized Images? By publishing Image column or better by JavaScript?

• Edited by hp-oswald Tuesday, March 3, 2015 10:25 AM
    Tuesday, March 3, 2015 10:15 AM

Answers

• Hi,

According to your description, my understanding is that you want to you want to know about how to use PublishingRollupImage Column to display a default image rendition and how to get automatically resized images.

Firstly, I suggest you can use the automatically resized in the rollup publishing image column. As the image renditions will choose for different device such as mobile phone, if they display as a default rendition, then it can't be enlarge if user want to see more clearly.

About how to get automatically resized images, you can get image with RenditionID using Jquery.

Here is a code snippert for your reference:

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://ajax.microsoft.com/ajax/jquery/jquery-1.7.1.min.js" />
        <script type="text/javascript">
            $(document).ready(function() {
                $image = $(".article-content").find("img");
                $image.each(function (i) {            
                var imagesrc = $(this).attr("src") + "?RenditionID=5";            
                $(this).attr("src",imagesrc);                
            });
        });
        </script>

More information:

Image Renditions

Image Renditions in SharePoint 2013

Thanks

Best Regards,

Jerry Guo

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Eric Tao Monday, March 23, 2015 2:33 PM
    • Marked as answer by Eric Tao Wednesday, March 25, 2015 5:02 AM
    Wednesday, March 4, 2015 7:20 AM