none
Digital Video ports not outputting video on WES7 RRS feed

• Question

• Trying to find reason why the video on the DVI/HDMI port isn't working correctly with WES7 - works mighty fine on Win 7 Pro / Enterprise.

Platform: Jetway NF9E / i5 CPU / WES7 x86 OS install. Nothing special. All hardware OEM drivers except installed using setup.exe's for each. 

Several Images created; IBW w/ and w/o templates, and ICE tool hand-picking everything with TAP.exe's output included. NO difference. 

Symptoms: VGA works fine, if I connect two monitors to the system, the second monitor is correctly detected (EDID data works at least) and I'm offered the opportunity to extend the desktop across the two screens if I so desire. The problem however, is that any monitor connected to the DVI is completely blank. No display. Nada. I've tried two different monitors and two different DVI cables. 

I've installed and re-installed the OEM provided drivers (these comes as an executable to be run after the OS is installed) and these appear to install correctly; as without them, I'm stuck in the old pixelicious 640x480 VGA mode. Once the drivers install, I get all of the Intel HD supported modes and the screen is a readable 1920x1080. 

Any troubleshooting tips appreciated. This one's driver(ing) me nuts. 

Tuesday, January 13, 2015 9:21 PM

Answers

• Problem solved. We'll have to file this one under PEBKAC.

Despite my best efforts, the onset of early senility seems to be taking its toll on this old engineer. The issue was that NEITHER monitor used auto-switching as I'm accustomed. I found that both monitors had been set manually to analog input, and would not auto-sense/switch when DVI was present. After selecting the Digital input from the menu, my WES7 desktop showed up in all of its subdued magnificence on the monitors.

If I had the printer drivers loaded, I'd print a "bash head here" sign, but alas, I refuse to push my luck with my WIM at this moment. :-)

-Red

• Marked as answer by Reddgum Thursday, January 15, 2015 8:16 PM
    Thursday, January 15, 2015 7:35 PM

All replies

• Since Windows 7 works, then building a full Windows 7 in ICE should work. Using ICE, you grabbed all the device driver packages? Correct?

www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com / Book Author - Pro Guide to WE8S, Pro Guide to WES 7, Pro Guide to POS for .NET

Wednesday, January 14, 2015 4:19 AM
  • I would try to add a fresh Intel Video driver from Intel site. It cold be that the default drivers (from MS or old Intel one) has flaw in DVI output ...

WBR, Nikolai

Wednesday, January 14, 2015 3:19 PM
  • If the OEM supplied video driver works with Windows 7 Pro then it should work with WES7. Of course, there might be another OEM driver that has to be installed - maybe a chipset driver?

www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com / Book Author - Pro Guide to WE8S, Pro Guide to WES 7, Pro Guide to POS for .NET

Wednesday, January 14, 2015 4:56 PM
  • Problem solved. We'll have to file this one under PEBKAC.

Despite my best efforts, the onset of early senility seems to be taking its toll on this old engineer. The issue was that NEITHER monitor used auto-switching as I'm accustomed. I found that both monitors had been set manually to analog input, and would not auto-sense/switch when DVI was present. After selecting the Digital input from the menu, my WES7 desktop showed up in all of its subdued magnificence on the monitors.

If I had the printer drivers loaded, I'd print a "bash head here" sign, but alas, I refuse to push my luck with my WIM at this moment. :-)

-Red

• Marked as answer by Reddgum Thursday, January 15, 2015 8:16 PM
    Thursday, January 15, 2015 7:35 PM