none
Browser Security Alert showing at the top of task pane RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, A few days ago my app started showing this alert when I'm debugging.

I'm wondering how to determine what areas of my app are not secure.

I published the app to Azure and am using SSL in all cases and still have this alert.

I have my browser setup as recommended in Privacy and security for apps for Office.

Browser security alert

John Donnelly

Friday, July 18, 2014 7:11 PM

Answers

• You could try recording the Network requests in IE (or Chrome etc) and see if that reveals any non-secure connections.
    • Marked as answer by J_Donnelly Tuesday, July 22, 2014 12:05 AM
    Monday, July 21, 2014 9:50 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Did you use an iFrame in this app which use the HTTP protocol rather than HTTPS?

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, July 21, 2014 7:35 AM
  • Hi,

I didn't add any Iframes to the html, no. I also made sure that all urls associated with the app are https.

It may have coincided with my using the UIStrings.js example to localize my app although I can't see that as being an issue.

John

John Donnelly

Monday, July 21, 2014 4:22 PM
  • You could try recording the Network requests in IE (or Chrome etc) and see if that reveals any non-secure connections.
    • Marked as answer by J_Donnelly Tuesday, July 22, 2014 12:05 AM
    Monday, July 21, 2014 9:50 PM
  • Thanks for the response. I thought I fixed it but there it is a non-SSL call to the CDN for the jquery file (line 31). All good now. Thanks again.

John Donnelly

Tuesday, July 22, 2014 12:05 AM