SSO to any website from AAD RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

Can I enable Single Sign On auth (with password saving) to any app using Azure AD? Here is the scenario:

I have O365 ID, and I want to save by Banking Password (username and password) in the AAD SSO config for my bank site and next time when I go to bank site, Azure AD can put in the password on the browser. Is this doable?

This is equivalent to SSO to Twitter from AAD. I don’t know if this can work for any random website, that is not in the catalog.

Any help is appreciated here.

Thanks & Regards,

Pradeep Kumar

Thursday, May 17, 2018 8:02 AM

Answers

• Azure Active Directory SSO will work for only those applications which are integrated with Azure AD. You can’t add random website to Azure AD as it will need more details about the interactive URIs of it. The Azure Active Directory Application Gallery provides a listing of applications that are known to support a form of single sign-on with Azure Active Directory. You may also add an unlisted app. Refer: What is application access and single sign-on with Azure Active Directory?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this answer was helpful, click “Mark as Answer” or Up-Vote. To provide additional feedback on your forum experience, click here

• Proposed as answer by Ajay Kadam Thursday, May 17, 2018 10:18 AM
    • Marked as answer by Pradeep Kr Thursday, May 17, 2018 2:11 PM
    Thursday, May 17, 2018 10:18 AM
  • Firstly, for having SSO to any website it should be integrated with Azure AD and it should support SAML. You may not have idea about whether that website supports SAML or not. Now, there are several URIs you will need (like sign-on URL, Identifier, Reply URL etc.) while managing single sign-on for the Azure AD app. Refer: Managing single sign-on for enterprise apps

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this answer was helpful, click “Mark as Answer” or Up-Vote. To provide additional feedback on your forum experience, click here

• Proposed as answer by Ajay Kadam Friday, May 18, 2018 8:07 AM
    • Marked as answer by Pradeep Kr Friday, May 18, 2018 9:44 AM
    Friday, May 18, 2018 8:07 AM

All replies

• Azure Active Directory SSO will work for only those applications which are integrated with Azure AD. You can’t add random website to Azure AD as it will need more details about the interactive URIs of it. The Azure Active Directory Application Gallery provides a listing of applications that are known to support a form of single sign-on with Azure Active Directory. You may also add an unlisted app. Refer: What is application access and single sign-on with Azure Active Directory?

• Proposed as answer by Ajay Kadam Thursday, May 17, 2018 10:18 AM
    • Marked as answer by Pradeep Kr Thursday, May 17, 2018 2:11 PM
    Thursday, May 17, 2018 10:18 AM
  • Thank you for your kind help !!!

Could you please let me know what is meant by "more details about the interactive URIs" that makes it impossible to activate 
    Azure Active Directory SSO.

Let us take example of Any banking website.. Just share the key things(e.g. SSL) which comes in the way. Please help.

Thanks & Regards,

Pradeep Kumar

Thanks & Regards, Pradeep Kumar

• Edited by Pradeep Kr Friday, May 18, 2018 7:47 AM
    Thursday, May 17, 2018 2:11 PM
  • Firstly, for having SSO to any website it should be integrated with Azure AD and it should support SAML. You may not have idea about whether that website supports SAML or not. Now, there are several URIs you will need (like sign-on URL, Identifier, Reply URL etc.) while managing single sign-on for the Azure AD app. Refer: Managing single sign-on for enterprise apps

• Proposed as answer by Ajay Kadam Friday, May 18, 2018 8:07 AM
    • Marked as answer by Pradeep Kr Friday, May 18, 2018 9:44 AM
    Friday, May 18, 2018 8:07 AM